Saturday, May 29, 2010

Windy City

Ok...so obviously I don't live in the windy city, but it sure seems like it lately! It's 90 degrees with 30 mile an hour wind gusts...whooosh! If I went outside with wet hair it would be dry in about 10 seconds.
I spent today going to a dress fitting, eating a sort of brunch (blueberry scone!!) with a great friend (one of my bridesmaids) and working on the wedding 'to do' list. It is slowly getting shorter-but it isn't done yet!

The week out at my grandparents was wonderful! We spent the days just being kind of lazy, reading, baking, exploring the old house on their property, which is pretty stocked with fun old things to look at. There are books, paintings, cracking walls, and best of all-Tons of vintage clothing!!!! My sister and I helped them mow their rather huge lawn (they live out in the middle of nowhere) so I figured I could reward myself with a shopping spree-what better place to go to than my grandma's old closet! I got a ton of vintage dresses, skirts, purses,gloves, scarves and even a pair of mens levi's jeans from the 70's!! holy wow...my poor fiance is gonna have to come to terms with my vintage clothing addiction, the poor soul. At least it doesn't cost any money!! Anyway, it was so much fun to look back at my grandma's old photos and see her wearing the very same dresses she was giving to me-with the date on the picture saying 1955!!! She had to patch some of them up for me to because the weak seams were popping...but she and I were about the same size, so they all fit me-how lucky!!
Anyways, I gave my grandpa a fashion show and it was so fun to see him remembering the exact occasions to which my grandma wore the outfits. He remembered her wearing one to a certain wedding, a dance, and he even stated "oh, yes she was quite the fashionable woman in her day, she had so many clothes I probably never saw her in the same thing twice before we were married" haha! Oh how I love my grandparents!
My sister took some photos of me wearing the clothes so I will be posting those maybe sometime this week.
I hope you all had a great week!

Today's verse:
Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
























Wearing:
Red top- Vintage dress, belted up-free from the flea market
Tan Belt- Thrifted
Earrings- Thrifted
Shorts- Hand me down
Heels- Thrifted

No comments: