Friday, February 18, 2011

Avoiding the Lake

I had to make sure to take my pictures earlier in the morning today so as to avoid the lake that appears as the sun continues to melt the tiny little piles of snow that are left. Around 4 in the afternoon the grass by our patio is just flooded and then I guess it freezes again during the night. Slowly but surely the snow is going away! Although, in SD we've had blizzards in March before, so I'm not getting my hopes up that it's gone for good :)

It was time for a pretty dress today :) I love this dress of my grandmother's. It never photographs very well because of the bright color, but it has these pretty little white flowers on it and it's just perfect. Not only that, but I have another dress of hers in the same fabric that's sleeveless and a little more summer-y. I love them! The shoes weren't my first choice, but it's so wet outside I had to wear something that wouldn't get my socks all soggy! :P

Here is my verse for the day (and for life!)

Philippians 2:3
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves

I have to think on this verse so often. Especially when dealing with marriage I have been struggling with this lately. I was telling Sean last night how it's so weird going from only thinking of yourself for twenty years to all of a sudden having to think of someone else's needs above yours completely. Some days I'm good at it and some days I'm just not. It can be frustrating. I feel like I should know everything and be such a pro at communication and all of those things that pertain to marriage, but really 7 months is not long at all!! We have so much time yet to learn and figure things out and we've only just scratched the surface so far.

Have you had any revelations lately?

God Bless,
KJA




















Wearing:
Earrings-Forever 21
Scarf-Made from an old sweater (thanks mama!)
Dress-Vintage, my grandmother's :)
Tights-DKNY via TJ Maxx
Shoes-Stolen from my sister's closet :)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Fun dress! If you tell me what camera you have I might be able to give you a few hints about what settings to adjust for when you are wearing light colored clothes (such as this dress) which are great during low light situations, as they reflect light, but when it's nice a sunny out can add too much unwanted exposure. You did a a pretty good job though! :) It doesn't help having all that reflective snow around either ;)