Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Day Off

Is there anything more wonderful than cocoa, milk, and sugar? Especially after a trek in the woods getting your fingers numb and your feet soaked and freezing. I love that I found this spot in the middle of the city to take pictures. There were no people around to look at me, just the snow and trees. I can't wait until the weather warms up and the trees begin to grow leaves. I hope there will be flowers and blossoms and wonderful grass!

Work yesterday was alright. It was only a 5 hour shift, so at least my feet didn't break into a million pieces like the last two shifts I worked. Mondays are apparently really slow, so there were hardly any customers. I was working in the kitchen department and so most of my shift was spent studying the merchandise-learning about pots, pans, and cutlery. I actually talked to a customer for about 20 minutes about all of the selections of pans that we offer and the benefits of each set. Ya, I really know my stuff :P haha. I'm definitely learning a lot though. It just makes the shift seem so long when there isn't anything to do! The other day I said to a customer "Thank you for the confusion!" all cheery like...What I meant to say was "sorry for the confusion," or "Thank you for understanding the confusion" I hope he knew what I meant and didn't think I was a total fruitcake! haha.

I am so enjoying my day off. Getting all dressed up, gallivanting in the woods, curling up with hot chocolate and an episode of Monk (thank you netflix...) I also have chores on my plate though...but those can wait a couple of hours ;)

I have to work the rest of this week, so I may or may not be blogging.
I hope you're enjoying your Tuesday!
God Bless,
KJA

2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.










































Wearing:
Earrings-Target
Scarf-Made from a sweater
Blazer-Thrifted
Dress-Thrifted
Boots-Target

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

The red looks so dramatic against all that snow!

Rachelle said...

I told my mom your "thank you for the confusion" story and she laughed really hard.
I've been telling a lot of people that story actually.
You're welcome.