Wednesday, May 4, 2011

These Are My Teacher Duds

This morning I went and observed in the classroom where I will be working next year. I have a disconnect between what I like to wear, and what will be appropriate for the classroom. I love my vintage clothing, but as Sean commented to me last night, some of the vintage items I have show visible signs of wear that may not look very professional. I hope that next year during the residency, I can still wear my treasured vintage pieces in a way that still projects a put together image. Today I am wearing one my grandmother's vintage dresses-just a simple brown dress that can be worn in many ways-I love it! I was very comfortable in it as well, which is really important. So... it isn't my favorite fashionable outfit, but it was fine for school :)

I'm just catching up on housework today and reveling in the fact that school is over for the semester! I only had one easy class to begin with, but it will be nice not to have to worry about it every week from now on.

Ps: Have any of you ever seen a coldstone ice cream commercial? I just got tv, so the commercials are new to me, and may I just comment on how mean they are? As if I don't already want ice cream all the time, now I have to deal with commercials like that? Just terrible, I tell you!

Ahh well, back to laundry!
God Bless,
KJA


2 Chronicles 7:14
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”











Wearing:
Necklace-NY and Company
Dress-Vintage, my grandmother's
Blazer-JC Penny
Tights-Walmart
Shoes-Target

2 comments:

LyddieGal said...

I think you can wear vintage in a professional wardrobe, just keep in mind that it really should be impeccable, and that you need to keep a good balance with lots of modern pieces.

I think you are doing it well right now, the blazer is the perfect pairing with the vintage dress.

Chic on the Cheap

Kenziefaith said...

What a pretty, pretty blazer! I love it.