Saturday, August 27, 2011

Seattle: Day One-Getting There


This post marks the beginning of my sister and I's epic adventure to Seattle together. It began on Sunday, August 7th. It was my very first plane ride and I am so glad I had my sister there with me, as she has traveled many places-including Turkey, and France! I don't know that I could have handled it without her...We sure missed our eldest sister though-the three of us don't get to spend nearly enough time with one another!

The trip through security and boarding of the plane was slightly scary, and it wasn't nearly as big on the inside as it shows in the movies :P but I guess I survived. I didn't throw up, which was a good thing because I checked my barf bag before we left and it was all sticky like it had been used!! Bleh...I think it was just pop or something, but I wasn't about to find out for myself...The takeoff and landing were definitely the roughest parts of the flight. For the first flight I couldn't look out the window, especially when we were taking off-I felt like I was going to fall out of the plane! Luckily I just leaned on my sister, because my head felt as though it was going to fall off of my shoulders!

Our plane left on Sunday afternoon and we had a long layover in Minneapolis, but we finally got to Seattle around 8. I found it funny (and by that I mean extremely annoying) that we had to fly to Minneapolis (which is east..) to get to Seattle (which is west), but whatever, right?

On the flight into Seattle we were on the right side of the plane to be able to see Mt. Rainer through our window. It was absolutely breathtaking and we were so lucky that it was clear and beautiful outside, and that we had a window seat! Mt. Rainer is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen and I got to see a lot more of it later in the week as well! My aunt and uncle said that some people who visit never get to see the mountain because of all the clouds-so we were very lucky!

Here are some breathtaking shots from the plane:
















I wanted to be comfy to fly, but I also have this weird thing about wanting to dress 'for the occasion', whatever that means, and so I wanted to pick out the perfect outfit to fly in! I actually think I did pretty well by layering a lightweight vintage tunic under a blazer (with large pockets to fit my ticket, boarding pass, cell phone, etc. in while I ran around the airport. Leggings are about the comfiest thing ever so I made sure to wear those, and the shoes are nice and easy to slip on and off for security and time on the plane. I didn't know my outfit would be so functional when I put it on that morning!

Here is my gorgeous sister and I getting ready to leave that morning :) Haha, as you can see, my bag is much larger than hers-but still fits the carry-on regulations! Can you believe I fit all of my clothes for a week in one tiny bag? I was so proud of myself! Although I also had my large camera bag as my second item, and that fit quite a bit as well, in addition to my camera!









Wearing:
Tunic-Vintage
Blazer-Vintage,thrifted
Leggings-Macy's
Shoes-Target
Hat-Gifted to me by my lovely sister










When we finally arrived we were both so excited to see our aunt and uncle whom we were visiting! It had been many years since we had spent time with them and it was so very amazing to be there! We were pretty exhausted after we finally got to their home that we just chatted a bit about plans for the week and then hit the hay :)
Stay tuned for day two details of our Seattle trip!

God Bless,
KJA

Isaiah 26:3
“You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.”

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I stalked all your pictures on facebook and here I am stalking you some more!

I always wondered wondered what was up with the huge planes in movies, and if anyone ever actually got to fly on them, because I never did... and then I finally got to fly on one to Spain. Now that that trip is over I've been on, like, 25 planes and the only big 747s or whatever that are seven seats across and have like three big sections were the two that got me to and from Chicago and Madrid.

I love seeing your pictures with narration! I can't wait to see it for the rest of your trip!
Love, Alyssa.