Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Field Trip!

We took our first grade kiddos on a field trip to the fire station today. It was a walk of a little over 6 large blocks from the school. And it was HOT! Those little ones were so whiny and unhappy all the way there and all the way back. Comments included, "I'm sooo thirsty!" "My feet hurt!" "I'm going to DIEEEEEE" and "I feel like I'm gonna throw up!" So, yes, it was quite the adventure :)

The time actually at the fire station was good though. The kids got a walk through of the truck and all of it's equipment. When one of the fireman pulled out this long spear like object and asked the students what they think it is used for, one of my little ones said "It's used to kill zombies!!" Bahahaha...this kid is great.

They also had the students watch a fire safety video from, oh I don't know, 1985? It was pretty much the worst and best thing I've ever seen. One of the songs, 'fall and crawl' was sung by Little Ritchie, and they had this scantily clad gymnast lady from the 80's sing a song called 'stop drop and roll' where she proceeded to roll all around the floor in her leotard....Comments from the boys included "Ewww!" and "Why is she wearing that!"

Oh the 80's

Oh, why doesn't the fire station pay 20 bucks for a new video?

Oh dear.












So this is what I got to wear to school today! Since it was a field trip we could wear jeans. This is pretty much the comfiest outfit ever. I can't even tell you how much better a day I had just because I felt comfortable! Who ever invented dress clothes anyway?? I mean, I like to wear them...but I just don't like to teach in them...I'm kind of backwards on the whole dress code of life. I prefer to wear my comfy clothes to work in, and I like to save my dress clothes for play! Reverting back to old times I suppose :)

























So..that was my day :) Another 8 hours of class awaits me for tomorrow-have a lovely evening!

God Bless,
KJA


James 1:16-18
Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.

Wearing:
Earrings-Vendor in Seattle
Top-Macy's
Cardigan-Shopko
Jeggings-Charlotte Russe
Shoes-Payless

No comments: