Monday, September 5, 2011

A Little Bit of Lifelight :)

I have been down with the flu since last Wednesday, so I've had to miss one of the highlights of my year which is the Lifelight Music Festival that comes near where I live. It is a Christian music festival that is FREE and I was so bummed that I had to miss out on most of it :(. But last night Sean and I decided to go for a few hours just so I could get out and get some fresh air and get to experience a little bit of Lifelight :)
Ps:If you saw me and I didn't say hi to you it's probably because I was COMPLETELY OUT IF IT. I was kind of walking around like a zombie...so..apologies.



We were only there for a few hours, but we got to see some wonderful friends and listen to some music. I sat most of the time I was there because I still wasn't feeling the best-but I was definitely cozy in this outfit! I should market these pants and this top as 'chic pajamas' or something ridiculous like that.






By about 8 o'clock I was ready to hit the hay so Sean and I left :( it was kind of a bummer but I was feeling pretty weak already-the flu really knocks a person out! :P In a way getting sick makes you so much more appreciative of the health you've been given. It especially made me think of those people who have to deal with chronic illnesses day in and day out-I cannot imagine what they go through on a daily basis.






While at Lifelight we got to hear a band called Broken Walls, whom we had never heard of before. It almost seemed to me like they were a rock Native American band. They had guitars and such, but with Native American singing. They had dancers in traditional dress-it was very cool! I loved the music and singing.
Some others we listened to were Stephanie Smith, Sidewalk prophets, and a few speakers.



If you were at Lifelight, who was your favorite that you listened to? :)






Maybe I will take some teacherly advice and invest in some Airborne or something to prevent any more kid related illnesses. Although when I was in high school I remember being the first person in my ENTIRE TOWN to contract influenza A, so maybe It wasn't the kids that gave it to me. I could have picked it up at hyvee for all I know! I'm just lucky I guess :P


James 5:15
And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.

God Bless and have a wonderful Labor Day!
KJA


Wearing:
Top-Walmart
Jacket-Walmart
Jeans-Target
Shoes-Found in sister's closet...
Bag-Target
Belt-Thrifted
Sunnies-Little boutique on Bainbridge Island :) I just love to say that!

No comments: