Saturday, December 31, 2011

It's New Year's Eve!

Well, here it is! My last post of 2011. I have a year-end wrap up post in the works, so I won't say much for today, other than we are finally getting some precipitation! Sean and I hung out at home for most of the morning and had pancakes for lunch (mine with raspberries...mmmm). We then headed out to the mall to get out of the house for a bit. It was fun to walk around and just poke around. We don't have any plans for tonight other than to simply relax and probably watch the ball drop on TV, which is what most of my New Year's consist of :) I'm not very adventurous or social I suppose.

See, here: Proof that we got some sort of rain/sleet/snow/hail/whatever you want to call this wet stuff falling from the sky!




Here is that amazing jacket my husband gave to me for Christmas. It belonged to his grandfather! He told me I look like a hipster today. I am sort of in love with hipster style, so I took it as a compliment. I find that my style is so very eclectic. I love everything vintage, but I also have kind of a secret love for a sort of rock/hipster vibe. I just don't own anything that is of that style, haha. I only look at blogs of those who can pull that off!


























Here is a great verse to think on for the beginning of the new year-take it to heart!

Isaiah 43: 16, 18-19
This is what the LORD says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”


I hope you are all having a simply splendid New Year's Eve and looking forward to the new year ahead! It doesn't seem possible that a new year is upon us...but here we go 2012, bring it on!

God Bless,
KJA



Wearing:
Earrings-Forever 21
Hat-Target
Scarf-Gifted to me by my sister, purchased in Turkey
Shirt-Thrifted
Jacket-Vintage, Sean's grandfather's
Jeggings-Charlotte Russe
Boots-Vera Wang, Kohl's
Bag-Vintage Coach

No comments: