Monday, December 12, 2011

Our First Christmas Tree

This post is long overdue, but I'm finally posting some pictures of our Christmas tree! Sean and I put up and decorated our tree on December 4th. We borrowed a fake tree from his parents for this year. I prefer a real tree, mainly because of the smell...:) but this tree is very pretty. Sean has a bunch of his ornaments from when he was growing up, and we got some of his great grandmother's ornaments as well. They are right up my alley! Vintage/homemade/awesome! It was such a fun time to decorate our first Christmas tree together in our home. We didn't have a tree last year because we moved right around Christmas. I'm so glad we get to have one this year!

Here are some pictures of my favorite ornaments :)











































This was in a box of decorations from Sean's grandmother. We loved it and decided to hang in on our door! Now we're the most festive apartment on our floor...:) haha!





Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.



2 comments:

Marisa Noelle said...

Such a perfect Christmas tree!! I'm quite the sucker for handmade and vintage ornaments. I have so many of my grandmother's ornaments as well and they are truly the best. I have yet to put my tree up...moving and such has me way behind. I especially love that angel...I swear my grandmother had the same one at one point!!

Natalie said...

Omgosh, I love Christmas trees!! We got ours this evening! I can't wait to decorate it tomorrow night with the fam. The first time our little girl will be able to "help". Ha ha. Maybe we'll skip the breakable ornaments this year! Thanks for sharing your favourites!! xx Natalie