Friday, June 1, 2012

500

I just noticed that today will be my 500th post on this blog! That sounds like a big number to me...it was just over two years ago that I started the blog, hopefully I'll keep it up with 500 more posts in the future!

I just got back from watching my amazing nephews for a few days. I love those boys more than anything! They are the sweetest, dearest little guys ever and I am so lucky to be an auntie. I got showered with little boy kisses and hugs, which is always uplifting to one's spirit :) I got to see my sister for a bit in between as well which is always wonderful! I don't get to talk to my sisters as much as I would like to- I miss being little girls at home watching movies together (like Anne of Green Gables!), putting on plays, or playing house with our baby dolls. Poo on growing up!

In other news, I'm taking a short blogging break for the next week. My mother and sister and I will be making the journey to see our amazing grandparents. They live out in the middle of nowhere-which is blissful. No internet, no computers-just countryside and family. I'm so excited! Hopefully I will take many pictures while I am there of the rolling hills and of the farm.
I'll be back in a little over a week!
Until then, God Bless all!
KJA


Revelation 21: 2-4
And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.


















Wearing:
Earrings- Vintage Avon
Blazer- Vintage, thrifted
Blouse- Old Navy
Jeans- Thrifted
Shoes- Target
Bag- Vintage Dooney and Bourke

12 comments:

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Your blazer is adorable and I really love your shoes!!

Sounds like a nice kind of getaway - sometimes it's good to get away from internet and phone and all of that! Enjoy yourself!!

Happy 500 posts!

Kira said...

Sounds like a fun week you have ahead of you! Enjoy it!

Love your outfit too :)

his little lady said...

could you be any cuter?? love this outfit! especially those shoes!
xo TJ

Lorena said...

This is such a great jacket !
I have an eye for vintage goodies :)

Always Maylee said...

I love your vintage blazer! Have fun next week! :)

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Marisa Noelle said...

Goodness, I love how this whole outfit is put together - from the shoes, to the blazer, to the purse. You really are brilliant at originally combining the perfect pieces together.

500 posts! I have never even noticed how many I had written. I don't think it's 500 though.

Enjoy your week away visiting your grandparents:) Sounds like it will be plenty relaxing for you all.

xx Marisa

Ali Hval said...

Congrats on 500 posts, wow! I'm sure there will be many more to come. I really adore those shoes--I have the same ones, but never really knew how to wear them. This helps a bit. Pairing them with that purse was a great idea. :)

Tasia |Ruffles and Sequins| said...

Congrats on the big 500! What an accomplishment :) Here's to the next 500!

btw, that jacket is amazing - your mad thrifting skillz make me so jealous :)

Tasia

Midwest Muse said...

I love how everything in this look works together to create a layered, colorful, textured look.

Congrats on the 500th post. What a huge number.

Gray Skies said...

I love those shoes! I should have bought them at Target when I had the chance :)

And congrats on 500 posts! I've had three blogs over the past 7 years, and none of them reached 500 posts, but hopefully the blog I'm running now does!

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Enjoy being off the grid with your family! I hope you pack those shoes because they are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Cute mix of textures...liking the boucle with the chambray. And lovely purse! Have tons of fun on your blogging break, sounds like good thing!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com


Enter my HANDBAG GIVEAWAY!!!