Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Farm Girl at Heart

I brought a bunch of my vintage clothing out to my grandparents house and made my sister spend an afternoon shooting some photos of me in various combinations of outfits. We had a blast! Here is the first outfit I wanted to wear for our photoshoot- just a simple lavender dress with some rugged boots.....:)




I just love all of the wide open space I get to see out at my grandparent's. Sometimes I wrestle with whether I am truly a city girl, or a country girl at heart. I think the hills, gravel roads, and endless fields are so very lovely and peaceful. Looking at it from a life standpoint however makes me think that living in the middle of nowhere could not be an option, unless I were actually a farmer. My husband could not work in a computer job if there were no town to work in! I think I'd like to live in the outskirts of a town, but have a little forest or pond for me to frolic in close by-that way I could get a little taste of both worlds :)













Sometimes, when you're on the farm, you have to sidestep cow pies in the yard...my grandfather let his 3 cows wander around the yard to graze (much to the dismay of my grandmother) and they left presents everywhere! They also made a stick-bush out of my grandmother's rose bush...oops!









Have a lovely evening all!
From a farm girl at heart-God Bless,
KJA

Romans 12:18
Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.



Wearing:
Earrings-Forever 21
Dress- Vintage, thrifted
Boots- Vera Wang, Kohl's
Belt- Vintage



9 comments:

Midwest Muse said...

I love these photos! They have a very "editorial" vibe to them and you look fierce! Lavender is a great color and I love the detailing of this dress. You have the best vintage!

Maria said...

You look so beautiful! I love this purple dress on you and the scenery is stunning. Reminds me of Anne of Green Gables.
I really love your blog and am so glad I stumbled across it. I just followed you :)
xx Maria
http://avenuemaria.blogspot.com

P.S: You mind me of Rachel McAdams.

Maria said...

*remind :)

Heather said...

What fun pictures!!! That purple color is lovely on you!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Marisa Noelle said...

You really have had the most beautiful photos lately Katie! These again, look like they should be in a magazine. I waver back and forth between being a country, city, and even suburbs girl myself. I grew up in the suburbs, spent a good 4 years of my life in Philly now I live in the country -I can honestly say I love them all! Your grandparents place really look like a bit of Heaven on earth:) Gorgeous dress too! xx Marisa

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

I think I'm a farm/country girl at heart too! My hubby is also a computer guy though, so that would be hard! Though he'd love to live out in the middle of nowhere, lol.

I love your gorgeous purple dress, it's so pretty. And such beautiful landscape behind you!

Always Maylee said...

Such a pretty dress, the lilac color looks really great on you. :)

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Gray Skies said...

What a great outfit photo location! That lavender dress is lovely.

I'm definitely a city girl. I love going out to the country for a few hours at a time for picnics or hikes, but any longer than that and I start to feel uncomfortable about not being surrounded by people and buildings :)

JB said...

These pictures are absolutely beautiful! Your outfit is perfect--I love the lavender dress!