Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Old House

There is a lovely old, broken down farm house on my grandparent's farm that they used to live in. It is the house my father grew up in and I never tire of looking in that old place. I always find something new to capture my attention, whether it is an old, dusty book or an interesting painting on the wall. It was where my older sister and I took our senior photos. What a perfect setting for a vintage photoshoot!



I wore one of my favorite blouses which belonged to my grandmother- it is embroidered with tiny red hearts and is so endearing with it's sheer puffed sleeves. I also pulled out a pair of my grandmother's gloves with ruching on the wrists!



Lipstick was the final touch. I only have one lipstick that I wear for absolutely everything. It is the only shade that I've ever found to work for me! I feel like when buying lipstick, or any makeup for that matter, it is such a guessing game. You never know how it will look on you until you put it on your face, and I just don't feel like spending 8 dollars on a guessing game, you know what I mean?
This lipstick is Revlon Matte in the color Whine Not. It is the perfect brick red color and I can put it on very lightly for an every day pale red look, or I can put in on darker for more of a dramatic effect. Plus it stays on all day long! I love it.







Thanks to my older sister Jenifer for taking these photos! You are quite the photographer :)
I had so much fun taking these photos!



















Love everything about this place. And I'm not finished yet! One more day of the farm photoshoot to come!
Hope I'm not boring you yet ;)
God Bless All!
KJA

1 Peter 5:14
Greet each other with Christian love. Peace be with all of you who are in Christ.




Wearing:
Earrings- Forever 21
Gloves and blouse- Vintage-grandmother's
Belt- Vintage, thrifted
Skirt- Vintage, thrifted
Socks- Macy's
Boots- Vera Wang via Kohl's
Lipstick- Revlon matte in Whine Not

6 comments:

Iqra said...

you are so gorgeous and vintage chic in these photos, I really enjoyed browsing through your blog your photos are unique !

xoxo,
Iqra

masaladiary.blogspot.com

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

These photos are so beautiful. They really capture the essence of everything vintage in the best way possible! Lovely!

Anonymous said...

WOW. That's what I have to say :) These photos are drop dead beautiful, and you look so chic and old fashioned and lovely. The setting is delightful too...can I come do a photo shoot with you?!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Lorena said...

I love that picture of you standing sideways in front of the window-- your sister indeed did a great job with these pictures.

Always Maylee said...

These are amazing. You look beautiful, love the color of your skirt!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Midwest Muse said...

This skirt is stunning and these are some beautiful shots! This place looks insanely wonderful. I want to explore it!