Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Walk in the Woods

The leaves are becoming so beautiful around the city. Sean and I decided to go for a walk in our local park to enjoy the gorgeous weather and lovely leaves! We ventured into my favorite photo spot- a little forest in the middle of the city. The leaves within the forest haven't quite changed color yet, but it was still lovely.



I found this hat at my favorite thrift store about a week ago! I plan on wearing it endlessly this fall with all sorts of ensembles. It can be worn it so many different ways and it is in beautiful condition. Not to mention it is the most perfect color!


I felt a little Polish in this ensemble. It may look a bit like liederhosen, but I loved trekking around the forest in it! I thought to ring in my fall-wear I would wear one of my favorite little blouses with a leaf print. I'm really into tying my blouses right now-it works so well with high waisted items!

















Hope you all had a lovely weekend! I cannot wait for the weather to continue to show signs of fall-and hopefully I will have lots of pretty pictures of the red and yellow trees to show for it!

God Bless,
KJA


Philippians 1:9-10
I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding. For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ’s return.



Wearing:
Hat, blouse, shorts- Vintage, thrifted via Y's Buys
Bag- Dooney and Bourke, thrifted via Savers
Shoes- Vintage, thrifted via Nu2U
Socks-Macy's

15 comments:

Ali Hval said...

Ahh, woods venturing! I guess now is really the best time to do that since mosquitoes are starting to die out because of the cool weather and it's not deathly hot. You remind me of little red riding hood except you're like little red riding hat, hehe. :) Those shorts are adorable!

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Looks like a lovely day! I love that top and the hat you found is wonderful!

Always Maylee said...

You look so cute! I love this outfit and the hat is the perfect accessory!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Katherine said...

love that top & shoulder bag. so cute on you! this little adventure looks like lots of fun!!

<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails

two birds said...

you look so classically vintage in this outfit. i love it! the hat is the perfect accessory, and those shorts look so amazing on you!

Kristian said...

Look at you and your hat! Love the way the hair and the hat work together in this. Great.

Ebony Bolt said...

I love the Bible verse you included and I heart your hat, bag and shoes. Nice photos :)

Lorena said...

The more i see burgundy and pink together, the more I like it!

Allison said...

I absolutely LOVE everything about your vintage look! The hat & shirt are my favorite and the bag is the runner up! You look amazing!
I would love for you to visit my blog sometime and I also have a giveaway going on right now-open internationally!
:)
Allison
A's Fashion Files
Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

Ashley of Southern (California) Belle said...

That hat is amazing! I also love how you tied your shirt, very cute. Hope you're having a great week girlie!

xo

Ashley

Southern (California) Belle

Jessi said...

Oo I really love your hat!! What a great find! I'm on the lookout for a nice wool hat this fall. Love your bag too and that blouse looks lovely tied!

-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Heather said...

How cute are you in that tied shirt and hat! Love these pics :)

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Veronika Novotny said...

What pretty photos + I'm loving this location!! You look so pretty, I adore your outfit and that hat is stunning on you! Hope you're having a wonderful day!! xo V

Elana said...

I just love everything about this, you look like you were made to be exploring the woods. The hat is definitely my favorite part, it looks amazing on you!

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

glad you're getting good use out of that gorgeous hat. wow, lucky you you can take a little detour right off into the woods, that place looks stunning! You look darling w/ the top tie as well btw.
http://dusanabotswana.com