Friday, October 5, 2012

Date Night

Sean and I had a gift card for Outback that had been sitting around for months, so we decided to dress up and have an impromptu date night! Mostly because we were fresh out of supper ideas, and we're also lazy :)
I thought it was the perfect time to pull out this vintage black dress I thrifted a while ago! I generally don't wear a lot of black. I like a good amount of color in  my outfit and I also don't have many occasions in which I need to wear a formal look (which is what black says to me for some reason). However, the incredible construction, condition, and gorgeous detail of this dress caught my eye immediately and I fell in love with it! The skirt is a flowy chiffon type fabric and the top is a fun, crinkled design that I just adore. I paired it with my polka dot tights which I will probably wear EVERY DAY this fall and winter. Just a warning.

 




 Also, my hubby did the sweetest thing yesterday. I had been talking  nonstop about how I wanted the new Owl City CD for weeks. I've just been listening to snippets of it online. Out of the blue when I came home he turned the stereo on and a song was playing that I recognized but I couldn't remember where I had heard it. I said, "Who sings this?" Sean said, "Well Owl City of course!" He went and bought me the CD to surprise me! For those that know me, music is like my favorite thing in the world. Getting new music for me is like breathing new life into my day and it just lifts my spirits! What a sweet surprise it was! Now I'm listening to that new album non stop.





I am so excited that it is Friday! Not sure what our weekend holds, but maybe we'll come up with some fun fall activities to do now that the leaves and weather are becoming so inspiring. 
God Bless!
KJA

 Isaiah 55:6
Seek the LORD while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near.



Wearing:
Earrings, scarf- Gifted
Coat- Forever 21
Dress- Jeanie Petite, Vintage
Tights- Target
Bag- Vintage
Shoes- Payless

5 comments:

Ali Hval said...

Dressing up for occasions is the best of all! I hope that you enjoyed your dinner. :D The pop of pink from that scarf is ever so enchanting!

&& also, how sweet of your hubs to buy you that CD. I'm with you on the whole music is my life thing--I need to buy some more from Amazon for my workout playlist, haha! <3 How is that CD, anyway? Worth buying? I've liked a few of their songs in the past. :)

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

You look beautiful! I love dressing up for date nights even after being married for 6 years!

And your hubby is too sweet!

Caitlin M. Peterson of the (ef)Face said...

LOVELY! Love that you paired such an elegant outfit with a beautiful coat and watch (I am LOVING that watch).

xoxox
theefface.blogspot.com

Elana said...

I'm so glad you found an excuse to wear this dress, it's stunning! Such great detail. And I NEED to get my hands on a pair of polka dot tights.

Also, I got your package, thank you so much! I'm so excited that you sent me something that's a little different for me, I can't wait to try it out!

Unknown said...

you look gorgeous! I hope that you and the hubby had a great date!

And how sweet of him to surprise you with Owl City! I have heard that album is pretty amazing.

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/