Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Treasured Fur Cape and Some New Specs!

I got all fancy again last night. It was my husband's work Christmas party. I definitely wore the same dress that I wore last week for my work Christmas party. I was just itching for another occasion to wear it to! I also added one of my most beloved items in my closet- it is this fur cape which was given to me by my sister a couple of Christmases ago! It was such a heartfelt gift and so sweet of her to have thought of me when she saw it. I love it so much! It is so fancy that I rarely wear it, but this seemed like a perfect time to take it out for a spin.  I also did something a little bit different to my hair for the evening! It was a fun night. I really like Sean's coworkers, we got to sit and talk all night and our table was right by the chocolate fountain so it would have been impossible not to have a good time ;)
I'm not sure what the cape is made out of, but it is suuuuper soft. I'm really not a proponent of fur...I think it is quite awful that it still continues to happen today, but for some reason I don't mind it if it is vintage...how do the rest of you feel about that issue?










Also, when Sean and I got home I had a package waiting for me from Firmoo! Most of you know about them because they are all over the blogosphere lately. For those that don't know, it is an online eyeglasses retailer. I got a giveaway certificate from Midwest Muse for 20 dollars and I was able to get three complete pairs of glasses! I had to pay about 10 bucks extra for shipping and some overlap of cost, but three pairs of glasses for 10 dollars is a steal, for sure. Each pair was 8 dollars each and I LOVE them so far! I'm wearing a pair right now in fact :)




Which pair do you like best?
 
I hope you have a wonderful day-I can't believe it is already Thursday..I have so much to do before the weekend comes, yipes!
God Bless all!
KJA


James 1:19-21
Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires. So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.



Wearing:
Everything is vintage :)

17 comments:

Caitlin M. Peterson of the (ef)Face said...

What an INCREDIBLE outfit! That fur is outstanding!!! You look beautiful! Bet you impressed all your hubby's coworkers.

xoxox
theefface.blogspot.com

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

You look so good in glasses! And I love the fur wrap - I'm kind of with you, I'd never buy a brand new fur item today, but if it's vintage, I'd probably do it.

Lorena said...

You did an amazing job with your hair!

Gracey the Giant said...

You look wonderful! I absolutely adore your fur (I have a similar one and they're so warm!) and your updo is perfect.

Cute glasses too; I think I like the first pair best!

The Dragonfruit said...

Lovely use of that dress again! Man, I'm jealous of all these dress-up events you get to go to. Haha, I thin our family is the only one who doesn't have any festivities this time of year. We're just nomads out here. Ah well, we're a small family that has each other at least ;)
Anyway, that cape is definitely something special! It looks so luxe and glam. And my opinion on the matter is I feel uncomfortable if I know something is made out of real fur.

Trendy Teal

Rachel The Hat said...

oh wow! what a stunning vintage outfit! and what a fabulous blog! loving all the specs , i am as blind as a bat so i do appreciate a nice pair of glasses. Pair number 2 are very very nice!! :)
Rachel

Marlen said...

yay for the return of the pearl dress! And your sister has amazing taste- if i opened a gift and out slid a fur cape i'd probably die. it's so beautiful! i'm on the fence about fur too. when i see a store full of fur coats i feel like it's gross and i don't like thinking that animals died for it, but i feel like the vintage ones have been around for awhile so...

I think in the end I'd rather choose a fake fur one rather than a real one. But either ways, yours is gorgeous! And awesome deal with the glasses, the second pair look very pretty on you :)

Kristian said...

Between the fur and the dress you look like something that stepped off of a classic movie screen (how very Purple Rose of Cairo of you!)

Are your glasses from Firmoo prescription or just for fun? They are cute!

Midwest Muse said...

These all look so amazing on you! Funny story, I got the first and the last too! But they both look pretty weird on me. On you, however, BEAUTIFUL. And this dress is incredibly classy and perfect.

Unknown said...

Yay! Glad the dress returns; so pretty.

I'm really iffy about the whole fur issue, but I think that I would feel better about if it was vintage. It certainly looks fabulous on you!

Also, I really like the first pair of glasses the best, but I think that they all look pretty glam!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Sarah Mae said...

I like the first pair best. :)

Fur creeps me out.. a lot. I touched something that was real fur once and I wanted to cry and wash my hands. I guess I'm a wimp or a baby--not sure. I don't like touching the fur of anything not alive and breathing. And fake fur bothers me (the texture/feeling of it.. at least all that I have felt) so you will never see me with fur.

I hope you are having a good week! :)

LyddieGal said...

that is such a beautiful fur - i love it!
Chic on the Cheap

Katherine said...

I am really jealous of your coat. Like suppperrr amazed at the high quality and the condition it is in .It's beautiful! you look like Grace Kelly in these photos

<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails

Celia said...

Your cape is gorgeous! I love the first pair of glasses too x

The Braided Bandit said...

LOVE the firmoo glasses! They seriously all look great! I really like the roundish ones because they're a little different, I was highly considering those too! Firmoo totally has the blogger market covered haha! I am addicted to their site!
Happy Friday !

Ali Hval said...

Well, if it's a vintage cape, it's kind of like it's so old and happened so long ago that it "doesn't count..." that sounds so awful but I know what you mean. I wouldn't buy a new fur jacket, but a vintage one really is different. I know what you mean!

Alas, I do love me some new leather shoes...

We all have our downfalls.

But hey! Your jacket is quite nice, and for all we know it might not even be real. ;) I'm also glad that your Firmoo glasses work well! Firmoo is nice, isn't it? :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful dress! I love your fur--I'm having a fur obsession (fursession? no) right now, and that coat is to die for! Love!

Jordan
http://dressforthepart.blogspot.com