Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve


Happy Christmas Eve! I hope you are having a wonderfully lovely day and wish many blessings upon you :)
I just can't stop thinking around this time what an amazing night that must have been so many years ago when Jesus was born (even though I know this is not the real date of His birth...bear with me). The picture the Bible paints is so vivid and lovely. The wise men that traveled so far to worship the new baby, the poor shepherds who may have lived alone their whole lives-but got to be witness to the greatest even in history. It is purely magical. 

Luke 2:11-14
Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

Oh, go ahead-just read all of Luke chapters 1 and 2. You won't regret it :)

  



 

Because Christmas has truly descended upon us I had to take my last opportunity to pair red and green together. In a few days that will no longer be acceptable! Also since it was 7 degrees out when I wore this outfit, I had to put on my giant parka. I just recently bought this coat because I've been living in denial for several years about the fact that it gets absurdly cold in the wintertime. Now that I have to stand outside with my kids for recess I decided that I needed an actual warm coat. This one fit the bill!

 
 
 


God Bless,
KJA


ps: Be sure to check out Flock Together today! We are rounding up our Secret Santa swap and looking at how each girl styled her gift :) So fun!


Wearing:
Necklace- FavoringBrave
Dress- Vintage, grandmother's
Cardigan- Target
Shoes- Borrowed from sister, Target
Tights- Dollar Store

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun and festive outfit! That dress looks amazing!

Have a wonderful Christmas!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Beautiful as always!

Merry Christmas my dear! Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Really appreciate that you broke up your red/green with that gorgeous blue...it's super festive and colorful! And the necklace is divine :)

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Check out my Jose Eber......GIVEAWAY!!!!!!

Ali Hval said...

Have a wonderful Christmas, Katie! I love how festive you look--what a stunning dress that is!

Allison said...

I hope you have an amazing christmas! You look so pretty in that red dress!
:)
Allison

A's Fashion Files
Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

Marisa Noelle said...

Aw, merriest Christmas Katie! Hope your day was just perfect :) You look adorable in your parka and of course the red and green outfit. Have a lovely week! xo Marisa

Unknown said...

I love your style!

I'm following you now! Hope you will follow me back!

http://www.valstyle.com/ ❤

Jessi said...

love the red and blue with a little pop of green! And that parka looks so cozy and warm! merry Christmas! Hope it was a great one!!
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com