Thursday, December 20, 2012

Color in Winter

This is one of my more adventurous ensembles. I bought these mint tights at Target recently and I like the way the fuchsia color looked with them. This is actually a dress, but the zipper is busted so I haven't been able to wear it in years (I'm obviously too lazy to get it fixed...). So I just added a sweater over the top and viola! The dress is wearable again. Indoor shots again as winter finally descends in full force here in South Dakota and it is freezing outside. 




I found these shoes a while ago while on a thrifting excursion with my mother. I really liked the look of them but my mom was like, "Um, Katie I think those are men's shoes..." Indeed they are, and I love 'em! I'll definitely be hipster-izing them soon with skinny jeans and hats, but for now it was a dress and tights! Oxfords are so versatile that way ;)



Well today was my little holiday party for the kiddos. We did 'reindeer training' where I set up a few stations for them in the gym and they had to pretend like they were performing various duties which one of Santa's reindeer would do. There was Rooftop Balance (just walking a line), Cloud Leap (jumping from mat to mat), Tree Dodge (weaving around cones), and Chimney Toss (ring toss). They loved  it and it was fun to watch them do it! Some of my kids even put on a puppet show and a circus for us later in the afternoon. We also decorated cookies that I baked last night (hello leftover gingerbread men!) and made Christmas crafts and puppets. I had so much fun but I'm glad to get a break for a few days now! It will be a good time to prepare for the next semester of planning and figure out some new things to try :)

Happy Thursday night!
God Bless,
KJA

Luke 1:45
You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said.


Wearing:
Dress, tights-Target
Shoes, Belt- Vintage, thrifted
Sweater- Thrifted




13 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the colors, especially those rights! You look great!

Unknown said...

Hahaha! I love this post. This is my first winter in Nebraska in about 10 years, and the last few winters have been mild. I come back, and 6 feet of snow descends on the midwest. I tried to take pictures outside, but I am very sure that all of my pictures for the next few months will be inside somewhere now! Very cute outfit, by the way!

Jordan
http://dressforthepart.blogspot.com

Emma Litton said...

Ohh love your darling pink skirt. It's wonderful with the colored tights.

xo,
Em

Harlow Darling said...

Those shoes are adorable! I can't believe they are meant to be men's shoes, they don't look like it at all!

Keit said...

Katie, you are one of the few bloggers who have an incredibly original style. Absolutrly in love with it and stalking you :-D

The Fierce Berry said...

love 'em colors! your shoes are sooo <3333

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Daring yes - but it turned out super well! I have a similar colored pink skirt and yellow top that I want to pair up now! I just need the green tights!! I can't say enough how much I love this color combo!

And it's soooo cold here too. Brr.

Unknown said...

What an adorable outfit! I am loving those shoes!

I'm glad that you had a fun Christmas party with the kiddos!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

The Braided Bandit said...

The fuchsia and mint are amazing together! And those shoes- they are amazing! I love the tights and shoes up in the air picture its adorable! Happiest Friday to you Katie!
xo Hannah

Wear The Canvas said...

ok, I am obsessing over those tights!!! And I see they are from Target! They always have the best colors.

The Dragonfruit said...

Haha, the reindeer activities are too cute - love the creative, Christmas twist you put on the games :)
Anyway, don't you just love how versatile dresses can be? Throw a top over it, instant cute skirt.
And definitely adventurous with the mint tights and fuchsia skirt. But I like it!
I've also totally found some men's oxfords at a thrift store that I wanted so bad - but they were too big :(
Can't wait to see how you hipster-ize these!
Hehe, and thanks for your awesome comment once again - I'm so excited to blog from the Philippines :D

Enter to win a $30 giftcard to Rire!
Trendy Teal

Ali Hval said...

lol Katie you do not have to justify your indoor shots, especially with that crazy cold South Dakotan weather ;) I'm adoring those shoes of yours, and those super fun tights! I have the same exact tights, actually! Such a great pop of color, but kind of hard to style. :D

Aaawee that holiday party sounds like it was fun for the kiddies! :D I'm glad you had a good last day of school, and I'm sure you'll have a fabulous break, too! Stay warm up there.

Jessi said...

cute tights! I think I saw those at target! they do go really well with the fushcia. And I LOVE the shoes, men's or not;) Your job sounds super fun around christmas time!
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com