Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Colorful

I felt very colorful wearing this outfit. I built the ensemble around this aaaaamazing hat I found at a vintage store. I've been looking for a bow hat for a very long time and almost did a little dance in the store when I saw this beauty! Whoever owned this hat kept it in such great condition. It only has one or two very small breaks in the veil and otherwise is perfect. Usually the hats I find have a horribly crumpled/broken veil, so I was delighted at how this one held up through the years. I need to buy myself some mannequin heads or something to set my hats on so they don't just get crumpled on my dresser. My next project I suppose!


I found this coat recently as well. It is one of my favorite vintage finds. The tag's says the brand is Ultima Taylored by Mr. Vincent. It also says that it is 100 percent cashmere, but I'm not an expert so I can't tell if it really is or not. It is very soft and I love the coat regardless if that is legit or not! It is like a big soft robe that I can wear out in public.


The veil also has these whimsical little pompoms all over it! I love how fun they look, and it lets you know this hat doesn't take itself too seriously. As if the bright purple hue didn't give that away!




And I couldn't resist these bright red bow heels when I saw them! One thing that was lacking in my shoe wardrobe was a pair of red heels. I've heard it said (and I must agree) that every woman should have a pair of red heels in her closet, but I could never find a pair that I felt was 'me' enough to buy. These fit the bill perfectly, everything from the pointed toe to the big bow had me smitten.















I'm really excited for this evening. Sean and I are finally going to get a Christmas tree! We're a bit late but I'm so happy because we're going to pick out a real tree. I love having a real tree. The smell and everything about it just means cheerfulness to me this time of year :) I can't wait to decorate it with the special ornaments new and old. Hopefully pictures to come of some of those!

Have a lovely day everyone :)
God Bless!
KJA

John 8:12
Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."





Wearing:
Hat, Scarf, Coat, Dress, Belt- Vintage, thrifted
Shoes- Kohl's

9 comments:

Michelle said...

This outfit is incredible! I absolutely adore your style.

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

What an amazing hat! I can't believe how great of shape it's in either! Most of the hats I see are as you described, crushed and flat looking! I love your bright red shoes as well, they are just too fun!

Marlen said...

ohhh that hat is a dream! I love the cute bow, and that color is just a bonus. I remember playing with a bunch of bird-cage veil hats when I was little- I wonder if my mom still has them tucked away? Fingers crossed! And if you scored a cashmere coat at a thrift score, then that'd just be amazing! It looks as cozy as you described it, awesome finds :)

The Dragonfruit said...

So in case you couldn't tell, you've inspired me to add verses at the end of my posts now. Aha, just letting you know.
I love the vintage hat, you always pull off the most classic styles in fresh ways. The coat is gorgeous!
And thank you for your encouragement, it means so much ♥

Trendy Teal

Elana said...

You have the most gorgeous accessories! I am dying over these red heels, they look stunning on you! And this hat is just spectacular. Once again, nailed it.

Jessi said...

We bought our tree on sat but have yet to decorate. Tonight's the night! And I refuse to have anything but real trees too :)
I love the pops of color in this! That hat is so darling and your
coat looks so luxurious and comfy!
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Megan Butcher said...

Jewel tones look great on you! Love how cozy that coat looks, too!

Megan
http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That hat is so adorable! Such a great find. Every time I see your finds I have to resist the urge not to head out to South Dakota. :)

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

aww girl you look fantastic here!! the lilac color is just perfect on you & that hat.. wow, what a great find! Well, and the coat! you have some amazing thrift shops around there, I can rarely find nice vintage over here (not that I dont have enough thrift finds anyway : ). & hope you got the perfect tree!