Sunday, December 2, 2012

Framed

I  finally got around to a project I've been meaning to do for months now! I have a cute little jewelry frame on which to hang my earrings. This means they won't be floating around in random places in all of the nooks and crannies of the apartment getting lost and crumpled :S
My husband actually did most of the DIY-ing. I found the frame at the thrift store and he put the wire mesh inside. I'm also in the process of making a similar frame for my necklaces, but that project isn't quite finished yet, I'll be sure to share when it is! 
I don't have a lick of decorating flair in me, so I feel like this is a very pretty addition to our bare bedroom wall and it certainly helps me out when deciding which earrings I want to wear for the day (even though most days I just wear my pearl studs, haha). 
Anyway, it was super easy to make, and so fun to organize. Do any of you have a similar way to organize your jewelry?

Have a wonderful Sunday!
God bless, 
KJA


1 Peter 3:3-4
Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.


 

8 comments:

Kristian said...

Oh, bet that will be so helpful.

Ali Hval said...

Oh, that's such an adorable way to hang youe earrings! And it makes for such a nice decoration, too. :)

I've got a spinning circular jewelry holder that has lots of holes for earrings that I put mine in. :D

Jessi said...

This is so pretty and decorative and you have quite the collection of beautiful earrings. I always wear studs too :)
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What an adorable project! I need to do something like this; my earrings just like to roam the bottom of my jewelry box and then I forget about them.

Thanks for the inspiration!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

a coworker just was so sweet and made me one, I"ll have to post it soon! I love yours, the "distressed" look of the frame is just perfect & wow, you have some great earrings! Our bedroom and actually whole house walls are bare too, it's my plan for winter break from school (but not work : (
http://dusanabotswana.com

Lindsey Louise Bales said...

oh my gosh, this is so cute! i've been wanting to make one of these to hang items on for awhile!

lindsey louise

hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

The Dragonfruit said...

Oooh, what a lovely and creative way to hang your earrings! I love how it turned out.
Haha, I'm usually the same way when it comes to DIY's. I'll get the materials and idea and then my mom ends up doing most of the work for me. Aha, I'm spoiled.
Once again, an uplifting verse to read. I love coming here not just for fashion inspiration but spiritual as well. You are a blessing :)

Trendy Teal

Sofia Parapluie said...

Fantastic idea, looks adorable! Love the colour of the frame!