Friday, December 7, 2012

Our Tree


This post was one of my favorites to put together. I absolutely love decorating the Christmas tree every year. It is so personal and special to look through the boxes of ornaments that have been collected through years. Each one has a story- especially if your family is the kind that gets a new ornament every year to place on the tree.  My husband's family is that way, so he has quite a collection of wonderful and interesting pieces. He has so many that our tree will look so different from year to year because we can put a different combination of ornaments up every year and the tree will never look the same! We also have a box of his great grandmother's ornaments which are so fun to look through. Most of them were handmade which makes them even more special. Now all I need is to get some of my childhood ornaments to place on our tree!
This was our second tree together, since the first year we were married we moved at Christmas time so we didn't have one.
Enjoy some photos of our decorating fun :) 



I am a sucker for a real tree. We grew up getting real trees and there is just something so wonderful about the way they smell, the way they look-a fake tree will never compare for me. I had so much fun picking out just the one I wanted. I found this adorable, short and fat tree and knew it was perfect. Sean wasn't so sure at first but I just felt like it would make me happy every time I looked at it. It may be a little sparse in places, but I love it. Yes, I even like to give my trees a hug. Ahhhhh Christmas :)



Here is the box of vintage ornaments. Swoon.


How cute is this little soldier and pretty lace angel?








Here are our 'Awkward Family Photos' haha! Just look at those smiles!


Aaaand, a nice one :)




Decorating the tree is exhausting work, do you know.




Thank you for being nostalgic with me for a bit! I hope you have a simply lovely Friday.
God Bless,
KJA

John 1:4-5
In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.




Wearing:
Top, Skirt- Target
Necklace- Charlotte Russe
Belt- Vintage
Tights-Gifted to me by my lovely sister :) 

10 comments:

Always Maylee said...

I love the picture of you hugging the tree, haha so cute!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Your tree is so pretty! Mine is rather small, so I love seeing one that is so full and lovely! I liked the close ups of the ornaments too!

The Braided Bandit said...

Katie your tree looks gorgeous and you two are adorable! I dont think I am going to have a tree this year because we will be traveling, so I just have to live vicariously through pretty pictures of ones! Love all the special ornaments too!
Happy Friday!
xo Hannah

Meg said...

I'm loving your pics and blog!! What a cute cute tree!! Xo :-)

The Dragonfruit said...

Awww, this post literally gave me the fuzzies :)
Love the adorable pictures of you two - and of you hugging the Christmas tree! Lol

Trendy Teal

Jessi said...

Aw I love your tree! So cute. Ours is short and fat too but way way smaller cuz we live in a tiny apt. I need to post it. Those pics of you and your hubby are adorable and im jealous of all your pretty vintage ornaments!
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Jessi said...

oh! And I TOTALLY agree with you about needing a real tree! It was always a tradition in my family too and I don't think I could ever have a fake one!

Kristian said...

I always like seeing other people's Christmas trees. Shows off a different side to people's aesthetics and hints at memories gone by!

Ashley of Southern (California) Belle said...

You two are so very cute! I love vintage and handmade ornaments. My grandmother has so many and I hope to get her stash someday :)

xo

Ashley

Southern (California) Belle

Unknown said...

How adorable! You should definitely take some those pictures and make an ornament for next year!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/