Friday, December 28, 2012

Pastels

It's sticking at a balmy zero degrees outside this week, so I have some photos saved up so that I don't have to traipse out and freeze my toesies off :) I wore this for Christmas Eve with my husband's family. I stayed cozy while we opened gifts, played a few games (catchphrase anyone?) and of course stuffed ourselves with too many treats. I also got to be acquainted with their new cat who was walking all over our bed at four in the morning, jumping on our pillows, and licking our hair, haha! Cats are something else I tell you, but I do love them even with their, erm...shall we say-quirks ;)


This is another of my grandmother's blouses. I have two that are this color and material, but the other has short sleeves and darting detail along the front. This one is actually in semi-rough shape although you can't tell it from the pictures. It has several small stains on it and some definite wear, but I love it just the same. The color is that vintage-y pastel that I love and it has the sweetest color and subtle puffed sleeves. I really need to pair it with more of my high waist-ed skirts, but I wanted to be super comfy for the car ride to my in-laws- so stretchy corduroys it was!  


Gloves are a must from here on out, I'd say. I had these white ones pulled out and decided they matched my shoes, so why not :) Anything to keep the hands warm! The only thing I feel bad about is making the hubby take pictures of me in weather like this...he can't wear gloves to take photos so his hands get pretty freezing...Oh the things that man does for me!



And I wore my favorite sea foam green cardi to top it all off. I really do pair this thing with every item in my closet. Sea foam is the new black, haven't you heard? (Ok, it could be just me then... :) )

 




That is all for today, I've just been getting back into the work routine and such :) This weekend I am planning to post a 2012 outfit roundup so watch for that in the works! Until then,
God Bless and happy weekending!
KJA

Lamentations 3:22-24
The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!


Wearing:
Locket- Gift from Mama :)
Hat- Old Navy
Cardigan- Vintage, thrifted
Blouse- Vintage, grandmother's
Pants- Kohl's
Shoes- Target

9 comments:

Ali Hval said...

Your Christmas eve sounds like it was lovely!

I love that blouse. I don't even see any stains from here, do that's good. :) the color really is magnificent--it reminds me of that vintage blue color you see on old cars (like old beetle bugs!). Super pretty. :D

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Yes to winter pastels!! I wish more people would wear pastels in the winter. I personally love them! I love the combination of your sweater and blouse!

I am totally laughing about the cat licking your hair - one of my cats totally does that!! I love her in spite of her little quirks too.

Looking forward to your 2012 wrap-up!

Megan Butcher said...

Love colors, really brightens the gray winter days I think!

<3 Megan
http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That blouse is so adorable! I have a couple from my grandma's that were in pretty rough shape too, but I'm pretty sure that my mother has magical powers that get stains out, because I take a lot of things to her that look hopeless and poof, one wash later they look perfect! :)

I'm loving that sweater too, the color is amazing! Glad that you had such a wonderful holiday!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Jessi said...

Seafoam is the new black! Totally agree :) I love your vintage blouse, its the perfect pretty color and your burgundy corduroys compliment it perfectly. I also really love your glasses! They're so cute and vintage-y, very you! I agree with the too cold for photos thing!! Luckily I've got some saved up too.
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Keit said...

Grandma is fashionable :-D Love the vintagy pastel top and cozy cardi ^_^

FASHION TALES said...

You look adorable. The hat and brogues are my favourite! Happy New Year!

The Dragonfruit said...

That royal blue hat is just perfect - and then there are those oxfords! Ah, its too much, I love it all :)
Merry belated Christmas! Aha, and Happy New Year.

Trendy Teal

noone said...

love the top you are wearing, and sounds like you had a nice christmas!