Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Photos from my Phone

This was an outfit I wore a couple of weekends ago when we went to visit my sister in law. It was a gorgeous weekend so we were able to get in some fun things before the snow really hit this past weekend! I wore just a fun, laid back outfit that was super comfy for an outside walk and some playtime with their two kitties.
These pictures were taken with my phone...I was pleasantly surprised at how they turned out in a pinch!


This week I'm trying to get all of my Christmas-y things done in preparation for our family Christmas this weekend! I am so excited. I have still have a little bit of shopping to do and a LOT of wrapping...I am a notoriously bad gift wrapper. When we were younger and all lived at home I would make my sister wrap my gifts sometimes (except hers of course). This year I think I might make Sean wrap all of the gifts. I don't know why but I just can't get it together in the wrapping department! Yay for gift bags is all I have to say...:)









I tell you guys, it's been quite a crazy week already. I am knee deep in lesson plans and my students are ca-razy restless with Christmas break coming up. The past couple of days we've had to do that thing that I used to absolutely hate as a kid-I've had to make my kids sit in silence for a few minutes because they just will not be quiet. Do you ever remember doing that as a kid? It was the worst. I so understand why teachers why teachers have to do that now though-sometimes it is completely necessary!

I hope you enjoy your day :)
God Bless!
KJA

James 1:5
If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.
 


Wearing:
Coat, Top, Scarf-Thrifted
Cardigan- Rummage Sale
Jeans- Old Navy, Thrifted
Shoes- Target
Bag- Vintage Coach

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to me how a cuff on a pair of jeans makes them so muuuuch more cute. Love your little fur stole from last post too!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Check out my Jose Eber GIVEAWAY!!!!!!

Elana said...

I can't believe how well these turned out from your phone! I'll have to keep that in mind next time I'm without a camera. For being comfy, you still look fantastic! I'm still in love with the cardigan, I might have to borrow this one soon... but I need to slow down on borrowing things for now!

Allison said...

OK, why can't my phone take photos that great?? You look so fun & carefree! I love your bag!
:)
Allison

A's Fashion Files
Win a $40 Giftcard for some JEWELRY! $10 to anyone who enters! :)
Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

The Dragonfruit said...

I must say, it is kind of odd to see you in jeans! Haha, but you look great in them too. I like the mix of navy and green with your layered tops.
And wow, these were from your iPhone? High quality stuff apparently! They look crisp and focused

Trendy Teal

The Dragonfruit said...

Haha, and we totally did post verses about wisdom! :)
That's so awesome. Great minds think alike, right? ;)

Marisa Noelle said...

I loathed having to do that when I was teaching - but it works wonders when nothing else does, right?

I adore that cardi Katie (and the entire casual look for that matter)! I can't believe the cardi was a thrift store score - and for that cheap too! Definitely a hard little piece for me to give-up :) Have a lovely week darling!

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Oh that cardi!! I love it! Anything with birds, I'm all over it!! I love the rolled cuff on your jeans too! I'm often impressed with the way photos turn out on my phone too!

Caitlin M. Peterson of the (ef)Face said...

Cute look! You rock the topknot! And I remember that sweater from another post, I think...it's still darling!

xoxox
theefface.blogspot.com

Ali Hval said...

Oh no, kiddies aren't behaving as well! I guess you can't blame 'em with all the Christmas bustle... awww, but I remember being a kid at school around christmas and making crafts and wreaths and ornaments and all sorts of fun things~ I hope you're having fun with that sort of stuff at least!

But hey, aside from that, yer lookin' might cute. I adore your purse and the print on that scarf, Katie!

Jessi said...

So cute! I'm jealous your phone takes such good photos! Love your bag and the shoes. I'll wrap toyr presents for you! I LOVE wrapping and never seem to have enough to wrap!
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Marlen said...

I can't believe these were snapped with your phone, it's so clear! Psh who needs a DSLR camera. And I love that scarf with your tweed-ish coat and that structured purse. It looks so proper and English to me and i looove it.

And aw, kitties :)

Kati said...

Love your casual but totally adorable style! Keep up the good work on your blog!
-Kati

Kristian said...

Fun to see you in pants in an outfit too. I like the retro look.

Ashley of Southern (California) Belle said...

Your phone takes some pretty amazing pics! I would totally wrap all your presents, that's actually my favorite part <3

xo

Ashley

Southern (California) Belle

Unknown said...

That sweater is SO cute! I love the design on it. Such a perfect comfy weekend outfit.

Good luck wrapping!(or convincing the hubby to do the wrapping) :P

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Megan said...

Love this look, so pretty and effortless! That sweater is AMAZIN'! Have fun at your family Christmas :)

<3 Megan
http://kiddotv.blogspot.com