Monday, December 17, 2012

White Christmas (A Bit Early)


We had the loveliest of snowfalls when I was in my hometown this weekend. It isn't very beautiful in the middle of a big city where I live, so I love when I go home and it covers the trees and fields with snow. I made my sister come out in it with me and snap some fun photos of me romping around in the piles of awesomeness :) It had started out as freezing rain and then softened into great big flakes (thank goodness!) I will take snow over freezing rain any winter day.


This coat was my grandfather's. It is a treasured possession of mine and I love that he once wore it probably working out on the farm in the middle of winter and such. It has really neat pockets- some at a normal height on the coat and others at chest height which is really great for bundling up in the snowy weather. I also love the color and construction of it. I feel cools-ville when I wear it :)






The snowflakes were catching in my hair and eyelashes! I was pretty drenched by the time we were finished with photos. And then I got to sit down and have Christmas dinner with my beloved family. My little nephews prayed for our meal ("And thank you that we all took great naps today" was a prayer that I will have to steal from my nearly four year old nephew). It was a great day. :)





I go back and forth between my hipster and vintage phases. I think I'm two style personalities in one and I can't decide which to stick with. The hipster style is more of my casual, hanging out wear, while I wear my vintage dresses and elaborate hair rolls for church and special events. It's split personality syndrome that I don't need a psychiatrist for ;)









Thanks Nancy for taking my photos! You rock :)

Hope you all are having a great start to your week! I have Christmas vacation coming up, as I'm sure many of you do. A little break will be oh-so-nice. :)
God Bless!
KJA


Matthew 1:20-21
As he considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. “Joseph, son of David,” the angel said, “do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit. And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.”



Wearing:
Locket- Mother's
Coat-Vintage, grandfather's
Top-Target
Jeggings- Charlotte Russe
Boots- Vera Wang, Kohl's
Hat- Old Navy
Glasses- Firmoo

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

super cute! I love your floral button up shirt, and those boots are adorable :)

-Haylie

The Dragonfruit said...

Ooooh, I really like this hipster side of you :)
Haha, those boots are amazing, and I like your grandpa's cozy-looking sweater!
Aww, and your 4-year old's prayer is too cute ^^ Always gotta be grateful for those lovely little things - like naps!

Trendy Teal

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

OOH I love your jacket - it was your grandfather's?? How very sweet! It looks so cute on you! I love your floral top too.

All of your snow pictures are so cute! We got more of the rain than the snow out of that system, but fortunately it didn't take away all of our snowcover!

Unknown said...

That jacket is amazing! I love when you wear family pieces - they always have a great story/meaning behind them!

Enjoy the snow. :)

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Katherine said...

How pretty! I haven't had a real snow fall yet! And I love your coat here - red coats are so adorable! How cool that it was your grandfathers

<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails

Anca said...

You're such a pretty girl and I love, love, love your smile :D.

www.101FashionStreet.com

Megan Butcher said...

Love your attitude about the snow, I'm almost excited to take photos in it now! haha. Those jeggings are great, and I totally almost bought that top at Target. So pretty all around, miss!

<3 Megan
http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

KC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristian said...

I really love that your clothes always have a story. That is a cool coat.

Elana said...

Aw, I love these pictures, you look like you're having so much fun! And I love this "hipster" style on you, you can totally pull off a wide range of styles.