Wednesday, January 30, 2013

To Everything There is a Season

Apparently my style has become quite casual as of late. I have a few fancier outfits planned for the future, but for now I'm cozying up into comfort clothes-the ones I snuggle into when the temperatures drop. Nothing warms you up like an oversized cardigan and warm tights.

I had been looking for a pair of high waisted jean shorts and never found anything to my liking. I finally just decided to buy an oversized pair of jeans at the thrift store and make my own shorts! These are so comfy and this way I could ensure that they were long enough for my taste.


This blouse was my grandmother's. I love the pleated detail and tiny little collar. Plus the shade of baby blue is so pretty in any season-and the puffed sleeves don't hurt either! The necklace I got free in Shabby Apple's facebook giveaway a few weeks ago. Seriously, I just had to email them and then sent me a free necklace...can't get any easier than that! This one is a faux watch-the front even opens up, which I think is so fun.



Happy Wednesday Sweet Peas!
God Bless, 
KJA


Ecclesiastes 3:1
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the Heavens



Wearing:
Earrings- Forever 21
Necklace- Shabby Apple
Top- Grandmother's
Shorts, Belt, Cardigan- Thrifted/vintage
Shoes- Target
Tights- Walmart

10 comments:

Ali Hval said...

Oh, wow! What a good little seamstress you are. Those high waisted shorts look perfect, Katie. And they're exactly to your liking, too, which is awesome. I must say they look quite perfect with that big buckled belt (almost like a pirate? heheh, but a cute one)!

I hope your week is going swell! <3

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

You look so cute! I will admit, at first I'm thinking, high wasted jean shorts, boy I don't know - but you look fantastic and cozy and now I want a pair so I can try this look! Very pretty top from your grandma too! And yay for free goodies from Shabby Apple!

Tanja S. said...

you look so good, I love the cardigan and your glasses! :)

Megan Butcher said...

Must feel good to wear something your Grandmother wore, huh? Good energy, like an amulet! Love this look, little Alice girl ;)!

<3 Megan
http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

The Dragonfruit said...

You know, its just wonderful to find a sister in Christ. Especially if you're a young, impressionable teenager in a Postmodern society...I'm just saying lol. So happy I came across you on the blogosphere Katie. I love the verse you shared with me! :)
I love this cute look you put together. The shorts and tights combo is something I need to do more of! Way to be industrious and make your own shorts too.
And how cute is that necklace? Too cute!

Enter to win an $80 voucher to MsDressy!
Trendy Teal

Unknown said...

I should definitely do that! I've always wanted to have a pair of high wasted shorts, but they've always been far too short for my taste, since I don't wear many short things. Care to do a tutorial?

LyddieGal said...

I'm the same when the temps drop, I just want to be comfy and that usually means casual.
love your bright cardi!
Chic on the Cheap

Anonymous said...

You even look freaking cute just sitting down taking outfit pictures?! How do you manage?! I loooove all the blues/violet mixed together :)

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Caro * said...

Lovely outfit :)
Your cardigan is beautiful and I love your necklace :)

Unknown said...

AH! I have been looking for a pair of high wasted shorts that are also not too short. I'm gonna have to try making my own :)