Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Palm Sunday

One of my most favorite holidays is on my mind this week. Easter is probably the most poignant time of year for me, thinking of the significance of the day. Palm Sunday at our church was just lovely. I never tire of seeing the palm branches being waved during the service, and the children walking through the aisles singing and waving their branches. A group of darling girls did a dance to the song Christ is Risen by Matt Maher. I adore that song so much and it certainly resonates at a time like this. Our church is great- they even had a donkey at the service for all the kiddos to take pictures with! It was very symbolic of just how much Jesus humbled Himself in coming to earth to take our place. He could have ridden in on the biggest white steed, but instead chose to use what any common person would likely own. He wanted to show that he came to die for each and every one of us-from the richest of kings, to the lowest of beggars. I'd say I fall somewhere right in the middle, and you know what? He died for me to :) That's what LOVE is people. 

 John 12:12-13
The next day the great crowd that had come for the festival heard that Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem. They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting, “Hosanna!”
“Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!” “Blessed is the king of Israel!”


I like to dress in pretty, light colors for this time of year. It ushers in spring joy and I rather enjoy looking like an Easter egg while I'm decorating them. Hopefully I'll be able to do a bit of that this weekend! How about you?


As you saw in my last couple of posts I tried out my new set of curlers! It gave me quite the mane I'll tell you. I've never had so much volume in my hair before! It makes me wish I had naturally curly hair. It took me about an hour and a half to set the curlers in my hair when it was wet and it's lasted about three days. I may start doing it more often! Maybe it's just because it's a change, but I feel like everything I put on looks better with a head full of curls.


I hope you're having a very nice week! I got to skype/chat with my sister this morning which was such a treat, since I haven't gotten to speak to her in about a month while she's been in Tanzania. Sounds like the next leg of her journey is going to be Latvia which will be such a change in temperature!  I cannot wait until she's home from her mission trip and we can have a family day :) yippee!
God Bless all!
KJA



Wearing:
Blazer- JC Penny
Skirt- Target
Blouse- Grandmother's
Heels- Crocs, Thrifted
Bag- Dooney and Bourke, Thrifted
Tights- Walmart
Belt- Thrifted

9 comments:

Ma Cherie D said...

Love your outfit. Stylish like always :)

Lorena said...

You're looking pretty :)

I missed mass this Sunday....

I've been meaning to ask you - what you size are you ?

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Fantastic blazer!! Very nice!

I enjoy Palm Sunday as well and I look forward to Easter next weekend!

simply h² said...

Love the colored tights!

http://www.hsquaredfashion.com/

Ali Hval said...

I feel like your hair is an accessory in itself--you can dress it up or down, and you're right, it really does add to an outfit! That being said, I do love your curls, Katie. :D You're really making me want to try some curly hair styles out!

Aw, I'm glad that you had such an amazing time at your church. You're just such a sweet person, Katie, and I love how thankful you are for everything. <3

Lina said...

wow nice!!! <3
xox
abitcreepy.blogspot.com

The Dragonfruit said...

I love your head full of curls! Haha, quite jealous actually. My hair falls flats so quickly even if I use a curling iron. It just prefers this weird mix of straight/wavy.
Your lovely white and light-colored outfit is so pretty. I like your collection of colored tights!
Sadly, my family and I never got into these normal traditions such as dying Easter eggs...I've always felt out of the loop when holidays like this come up haha!
Have a lovely Easter, and God bless :)

Enter my StyleGodis jewelry giveaway here!
Trendy Teal

Gaby de Modacapital said...

Such a great outfit, love the bag! :)
xoxo

Unknown said...

you look so lovely as always! I really love that skirt - so adorable! I love Palm Sunday too - course it might have to do with the fact that I was born on Palm Sunday and there are some pretty hilarious stories in my family about that.

Glad that you got a chance to talk with your sister- that sounds awesome!

Can't wait to see what you wear on Easter!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/