Friday, May 17, 2013

Denim Jacket

So it's a safe bet that I'm obsessed with this oversized men's denim jacket I rummaged a couple of weeks ago. It's just the perfect size to look intentionally grungy, but also classic and I'm in love with the color and natural wear that some old guy probably spent years beating into it. I love it when other people break in my clothes and shoes for me :) Yet another perk of second hand shopping!

I'm going to get a ton of wear out of these little black cropped pants this summer too. As my fascination with the 50's and 60's continues, I'm always on the look out for 'cigarette pants' as they are called. I think they're so flattering. I really want a legit vintage pair, but for now these walmart clearance pants will have to do :)


I will be spending my time doing a bit of housework this weekend. Sean and I are trying to pack a bit each day so that it isn't overwhelming when the time comes to move. The last time we moved we pretty much packed everything the day before and day of moving and it was so stressful. So far Sean has packed quite a few boxes and I've packed...zero. So I need to step up to the plate! I will also be taking some time to handwash some of my new vintage finds! I never quite know how to wash an old garment when I don't know the fabric content of it. I can tell wool pretty easily, but polyester blends are a bit of a mystery. I've been researching stain removal techniques and hope to try some of those out because I have a few garments that have quite noticeable stains. I couldn't pass them up though! I keep trying to convince Sean that one of the rooms in our house will be converted to a closet/blog office space for me as soon as we move in. So far I think I'm winning. I would just love to have my own space to work on making my blog so much BETTER because I feel as though there are a ton of improvements I could make to my posts if I just had the time. I would love to start taking things more seriously and a space of my own would be a great way to begin!

God Bless all, 
KJA

Romans 11:17-18
But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, a wild olive shoot, were grafted in their place to share the richness of the olive tree, do not boast over the branches. If you do boast, remember it is not you that support the root, but the root that supports you.


Wearing:
Jacket- Vintage, rummage sale
Blouse, Shoes- Vintage, thrifted
Pants- Walmart
Bag- Vintage Coach, thrifted

7 comments:

The Dragonfruit said...

Cigarette pants are the best! I love these flattering ones on you - I want a pair for myself now.
Such a fantastic denim jacket too; thrifting is the best! :)

Trendy Teal

Jacqueline said...

i can't believe your pants are from wally-mart! they're really cute! love the jacket too. that's the kind of treasure that will last you a life time! x

Ali Hval said...

I hope that you can win a room for an office space, Katie! That'd be so awesome, and then you could just surround yourself with inspirational things and such and be absorbed in your blogging~~ whee!

Your cigarette pants are so neat--and I love that they are called that! I always learn new things about older style clothing from you, which I think is awesome. :)

Léna's Cameo said...

The shirt is great, especially with the jacket :)

Unknown said...

Those pants look so great on you - a vintage pair would be so lovely! Also, I love that color top on you - so elegant and classy!

Good luck as you continue moving!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Keit said...

Blah, I hate packing so much. We have so much junk that is always hard to decide what to keep and what to throw away.
Adore your new jacket, oversize denim jackets are the best ^_^

Kristian said...

You should use one of those rooms for a closet/office indeed! Can't wait to see what that looks like (along with the rest of the house.)

Cigarette pants are favorites of mine too. Very flattering. I love the denim coat. Classic, as you say.