Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Feminine

 
There's just something about this flowing, pink skirt that makes me feel oh so fun and feminine. This ensemble was just perfect for a warm, summer day not too long ago while I did a bit of late summer thrifting :) I've been building up a collection of short sweaters over the past year that are really expanding my horizons. They go swimmingly with my high waisted jeans and vintage skirts! I tend to find a silhouette that I like and then try to wear as many combinations of that silhouette as I can. It has made getting dressed this past summer really easy peasy!


Well yesterday was the first day of school! I have 26 kids compared with my 15 last year. I work afterschool so it's a bit different that teaching in a classroom. I am able to let my students have a bit more freedom, but that sometimes makes it more difficult to reign them in. I didn't realize how soft having the summer off would make me though. Although I kept myself quite busy this summer, I got to make my own schedule and take a rest when I needed. Yesterday I came home completely exhausted and ready to go right to sleep! We'll be thankful for the extra income though with me working again. Here's to another school year!

Also, I feel like I haven't been budgeting my time well enough lately to be able to visit any of your lovely  blogs! I hope to get to that this week and catch up on everything I've missed :) Thanks for sticking with me.

God Bless and I hope you're having a splendid week!
KJA


1 John 5:13-14
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

 

Wearing:
Sweater, Skirt- Grandmother's
Satchel- Vintage Coach
Wedges- Elle, Kohl's
Earrings- Vintage Avon, mother's
Belt- Vintage, thrifted

12 comments:

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

School started already? Wow. That came quickly!!

I adore this outfit - the pink is very feminine indeed and you look so great in all of the short sweaters you've been wearing!!

Jacqueline said...

that skirt is such a great length and fit (and fun color!)

JennaStevie said...

Oh my goodness, this is such a pretty look!! Love the hot pink skirt, such a fun colour on you! And your hair looks amazing :)
Wow that's a big increase in kids, holycow! I can't imagine trying to keep them all in line
xJennaD

Ali Hval said...

Aw, yay for starting school! I start my Junior year of college tomorrow... I guess I should like, start packing and stuff... hahaha. I'm sure you will be able to reign those kiddies in, though. ;) Thats sure is a lot, though! I wish you luck on your first week!

Oh how fun are those shoes?! I love how the cognac matches your purse, too, and that is one seriously lovely dress. I love that you paired a nice sweater with it... definitely something to think of for colder months for me. :D

Elliementary, My Dear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elliementary, My Dear said...

Such a classic look. The silhouette is very flattering on you and I love your sweater :) Good luck with your new school year!

The Dragonfruit said...

I really love how flowy this bright pink skirt is! So lovely and fitting for you :)

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Jessica said...

Very pretty! Love the shoes! And I hope you have a wonderful school year ahead! :)

Unknown said...

love love love your style. just followed you on GFC. Would you like to check out my blog too maybe we can follow each other to keep in touch!

www.roxysun.com

Unknown said...

Good luck with your new classroom, girl! I am sure you will get back into the swing of things really soon, it's always hard coming back from the summer :0)

This outfit is super lovely and feminine indeed! How gorgeous are you Katie?! Seriously!!! I love this color combo and the pink really suits you so well. Absolutely beautiful pairing indeed. Hope your week is going well, we are getting over the hump today so Friday is inching closer and closer!!!!

xo, Alyssa
www.butterfliesonmars.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I want to raid your collection of skirts and dresses. You always look SO pretty and put-together!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Unknown said...

Those shoes! Oh my word, they are just so adorable! And I'm really loving that skirt too - so elegant!
Hope that the beginning of the school year is going well!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/