Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday Outfit and Link Love

Well hello there everyone! It is pouring rain here, so while I have a list of things I should be doing, the rain is making me want to cozy up and be a lazy bum. Here's an outfit from a sunny day a while ago!


I got these jeans from my older sister's cast off pile and I have been wearing them nonstop. My uniform as of late has been rolled up jeans and a collared blouse. It's always a comfy, classic look in my book! This blouse is one of my very favorites. It has all of my most loved details-from the collar to the pleating to the short little sleeves. I wear it with everything!


Alright friends, I wanted to share with you some links that have recently become very important to me! I know of a few new things that have come down the pipe recently and would love it if you would check these out. You might find a new favorite!

  1. http://www.jeniferjones.com/        This website is my sister's new blog that she just started about a week ago! This is the same sister that went on a year long mission trip to 11 countries in 11 months. She is a phenomenal writer and funny as all get out too, so if you're into writing, spoken word, and the like please check her out! 
  2. http://www.etsy.com/shop/RetroRemnants     Remember a while back when I told you I was going to model for a friend's Etsy Shop? Well that finally happened and I have her link to share with you! She has an AMAZING collection of items from the 1940's to the present and I got to wear some garments that I wanted to steal for myself! Also, her prices are incredibly low because she believes that buying vintage should be affordable. If that isn't enough to drag you in, read her mission statement: "All proceeds of Retro Remnants goes directly into an account that supports my volunteer work domestically and internationally. From South Dakota to New York City to Belize, Central America, I am commited to serving the elderly, the homeless and children of need. So, please purchase with confidence knowing that your money is working for those less fortunate." It's a no brainer folks :)
  3. http://www.etsy.com/shop/MidwestCharmVintage     Lastly I have to shamelessly self-promote and let you know that I added a bunch of great items to my shop! I will be adding even more over the next couple of weeks, so don't forget to check back if you're into vintage shoes and bags! Also, it would be awesome to get some feedback from you all, so let me know if there are items you'd  like to see in my shop or things I should be on the lookout for while buying. Thanks friends!
 God Bless, 
KJA


James 1:22
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.



Wearing:
Jeans-NY and Company, hand me down
Blouse- Grandmother's
Loafers, Earrings - Vintage
Sunglasses- Souvenier

11 comments:

JennaStevie said...

These jeans fit you like a dream, they're perfect with the little cuff!! And this blouse is a gorgeous colour, love this retro look!
xJennaD

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

I adore the way those jeans fit on you - they really look great!

I'll have to check out those links, especially your shop!

Lindsey Louise Bales said...

i just checked out your new shop, and i love all of the scarves! you are perfect to run a little shop like that! i also love these loafers here and the jeans!

lindsey louise

hellomrrabbitblog.com

Juci said...

Simle but so pretty outfit! I love Grandma shirts and high(er) waisted jeans togerther. By the way, your hair is gorgeous! Love your sunglasses, too. ;))

Unknown said...

I'm really loving this look on you! First of all, how did you get your hair like that? I'm so horrible at doing my own hair haha I wish I had skills like you =D

If you have time later, I'd like to invite you to a giveaway of mine. It'd be wonderful if you could enter. It's to win a Bitchy Gypsy statement necklace.

http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/2013/08/bitchy-gypsy-giveaway-part-2.html

Ali Hval said...

Always so daaaarling, Katie Amaaaannnn! Always so pretty, Katie Amaaannnnn! Laaaa~! That was a beautiful song, no?

Your top is so darling. I adore those little buttons and the collar and that AQUA color is so bright and cheery!

And ooooh, I didn't know you had an etsy shop! Time to browse! Internet window shopping, yayyy!

I have been so slow and awful with comments this week and so I apologize for the quick comment. I'm back on track now, promise!!~ (zooms out)

Ashley of Southern (California) Belle said...

I seriously can't tell you enough how much I love it when you wear your hair like that. You look like a vintage beauty queen!

xo

Ashley

Southern (California) Belle

Kristian said...

Love the rolled up jean and definitely checking out the links.

Anonymous said...

Collared blouses are my favorite, and this teal color is great on you! Definitely going to check out all of those links! :)

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Georgia Rose said...

Gorgeous outfit! Definitely a classic look and something that will always be in style.

Paulie Antiques said...

oh god i love your hair, lipstick, sunglasses, and jeans! I love the one of you smiling! You know your own style and it's so refreshing!

love, polly

the littlest polly