Wednesday, October 30, 2013

It's Electric

 


What a busy, busy week! I never seem to get used to the hustle and bustle that fall brings. I get so used to my laid back summers that it is quite an adjustment to have a nonstop schedule once school starts. I suppose it has to be that way though or I'd turn into a mushy pile of hermit all cuddled up on the couch in my fuzzy socks 24/7. Gosh that sounds nice. But for now I'll embrace the go-getter in me while it lasts, because for those who know me, my energy spurts only last so long and then I'm back to recluse status.
Here is what I put on to go have lunch with some friends after my 5k on Saturday! We ate some carbs and then went thrifting, what a glorious way to spend the day.


You'll be seeing lots of coats in my posts from here on out I imagine. Outerwear is my very favorite thing, I love to add another dimension to whatever it is I'm wearing. It's an opportunity to throw it a mismatched color, or an odd pattern and still have the ensemble work. 


This dress is a juxtaposition. It's electric blue color would lead one to believe this is a summery dress. However it's long sleeves and weighty fabric say otherwise. I love pulling my long sleeve dresses out come cooler weather. It gives me more options to choose from. This particular dress was given to me by the wife of one of Sean's coworkers! She found out I love vintage and bought me this for my birthday! Now wasn't that sweet?


Alright ladies and gents it's time for me to get back to real life again, smile a lot today, ok?
God Bless, 
KJA

Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. 



Wearing:
Dress- Gift
Scarf- Vintage, thrifted
Coat- Savers
Bag- Etsy
Boots- Kohl's

11 comments:

Keit said...

Oh, that dress is WOW! The lady who gave it to you, must have great taste. And you are so beautiful in it!!!! The red lipstick is lovely, and adore the coat too! <3
And I know what you mean..If I didn't have any obligations I would just melt in my pajamas whole day and not move a muscle :D

Ali Hval said...

"we ate some carbs" and then ran a 5k hahaha, I love it! I don't know how some people can exercise before eating. I always have to eat my breakfast before I work out in the morning... I dunno, just a random thought! I am a ravenously hungry person in the mornings.

This outfit is so darling. Gos, the button details on your sleeves are so pretty, the color is so sky blue and gorgeous, and the pleaaaaats! The pleaaaaats! (swoons)

I hope you have an INCREDIBLE REST O THE WEEK, Miss Katie! :D

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Your dress is such a vibrant color, I really like it! I adore the tweed coat quite a bit too!

Unknown said...

These pics came out so great!!! i love how you've been stylin' your curls lately. you look fabulous!

Unknown said...

I love your dress and your coat! Outerwear is my favorite too, I love to layer!

Imogen said...

I totally agree with what you said about coats, they sure are the best. I love everything about this outfit. Your hair looks incredible and stunning. I love how this dress is a summery colour but a more winter design!

Kristian said...

I do like that coat but my very favorite part of this is how the sunglasses and hairdo combine.

Sonya Mann said...

That headscarf is delightful! This whole outfit reminds me of Mad Men, in the best possible way :)

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

i think i'll be a great "pick me up" dress in winter when things look dreary : ). also you look gorgeous in that color & i love the contrast of the fun bright scarf.
Cuddly Cacti
Mitla Moda

Unknown said...

That dress is just so adorable! I really love the blue color - so gorgeous on you!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Anna Thvedt said...

who took these? Sean? they are GORGEOUS my friend!