Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I'll Have a Blue Christmas

 

Why hello there! The other night Sean and I attended his work Christmas party. You get lovely nighttime photos taken in my entryway, hope you don't mind :)
I love getting to dress up for parties and such, even if they only come around once or twice a year. This time I found a gorgeous blue satin dress at my favorite thrift store. It was $6.99. I was pretty proud of myself! The pictures don't do it justice, but it is definitely one of the best dresses I have ever worn. It is so comfortable, and the excuse to wear heat-to-toe satin doesn't come along as often as one would like. A Christmas party was the perfect occasion! I donned my favorite vintage hat and a red wool coat which belonged to my grandmother, and I was ready to do a bit of socializing. And I do mean 'a bit'. Social functions really wear me out-anyone else with me on that one? At any rate, it was nice to meet Sean's coworkers and be able to put faces to the names of the people he talks about at his job.

 

Well, I'm having another busy week ahead before Christmas vacation commences! Tonight I'm doing some voice work for a human trafficking awareness project as well as working on tying blankets for project warm-up with my students. Tomorrow I will be shopping for cookie decorating supplies and baking about 5 dozen Christmas cookies for my students' party on Thursday as well as prepping for parents to come visit Kid's Inc.! Friday I work a special day at a different school, and then we have our family Christmas on Saturday! Whew I will be looking forward to a bit of relaxation at the end of this week :)
Have a blessed day!

KJA


James 1:26-27
If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion is useless. Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.


Wearing:
Dress, Hat, Gloves, Bag- Vintage, thrifted
Coat- Grandmother's
Shoes- Crocs, thrifted, Similar
Seamed Tights- Charlotte Russe, Here

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look amazing in these long coats, Katie! I love that blue dress on you, too. Praying for a blessed and smooth week for you!

Love, Amy

Nancy Wilde said...

You look so gorgeous! I'm not sure what I love the most: the coat or the dress!

ModernVintageStyle said...

Your dress is a fabulous colour, and you look so elegant in it. Welcome to the world of seamed tights! They look great with this dress and gorgeous shoes, and they looked equally good with the red pencil skirt a few posts ago! In my view, they always add a touch of class Kx

Sammi said...

Ahh Katie, that dress is absolutely stunning!!! And it goes perfectly with that hat! How beautiful. :) I'm going to a work Christmas party tonight -- I love getting dolled up for the holidays!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Ali Hval said...

Ah what, this dress is seriously gorgeous on ya, Katie! *____* The purple sheen is so midnighty and mysterious... ooh, ahh, oooh! <3

And your curly hair is just too perfect. I've been sketching your hair in my spare time, you know. It's always so pretty and fun, eehehe!

Have a wonderful rest of the week!!

Imogen said...

How exciting, I love the opportunity to dress up for work social events around this time of year. Blue satin is gorgeous and you amazing me again with such a bargain! I agree that wearing so much satin is pretty amazing.
You added the perfect vintage touches with the hat and coat. You look beautiful Katie. I bet you were the most stunning person there.

Unknown said...

Girl, you are such a stunner! That dress is absolutely perfect! And those tights are the perfect vintage touch!

Sounds like you guys had a blast!

Hope that you enjoy your holiday season!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

lisa said...

You look lovely- what a perfect outfit for a holiday party! I know what you mean, those events are simultaneously fun and weird :) I have one tomorrow night at a place I've only worked for a few weeks so awkward...

Merry C. said...

You look so darling! I would love to be able to fix my hair like that! So far I can't figure out how to do it even though I've watched serval tutorials. It looks gorgeous on you. Please don't cut it!

Unknown said...

That dress is divine, you look absolutely stunning!
Amia

Anonymous said...

What a dazzling blue dress! You look like SUCH a lady!!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net