Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Modern Vintage


I thought I'd mix a bit of modern and vintage with this little plaid jacket and some wedge boots. I'm pretty sure they didn't have wedge boots in the 40's, but perhaps?
I had a really great birthday yesterday. Sean and I went out to eat using a gift card (those things are little life savers sometimes), and it was nice to just have a relaxing evening in the middle of the week. Usually relaxing is saved for the weekends :)


My hair has a mind of its own. I tried rolling it up in curlers dry and sleeping on them with a bit of product. The curl stayed in for about an hour and then promptly said goodbye. Ladies with fine hair will understand!


God Bless and happy Wednesday!
KJA

1 John 4:9
This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.


Wearing:
Jacket- Vintage, from a friend, Similar
Top- Target, Similar
Pants- Target, Similar
Shoes- Kohl's, Similar
Earrings- Vintage, Similar
Lipstick- Revlon Cream Lipstick in Black Cherry, Similar

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Absolutely adore your jacket! Your hairstyle is amazing too :-)

Happy Birthday!!

Cathy

Eccentric Owl said...

I love this outfit! It feels very retro even with the modern pieces; it's the feeling I always try for when wearing jeans, and never attain. But you nailed it! And that jacket is amazing!
Also, your hair is just glorious. It's always so, so gorgeous! I can't wait for my hair to be that long!
xo
Kristina
www.eccentricowl.com

Jennifer Rainey said...

Happy birthday! :)

What a swell jacket that is! I absolutely love it paired with those shoes. The whole outfit just has that perfect balance of casual and chic.

Cheers!
Jenny

Ali Hval said...

Haha, I know that feeling of not being able to control your hair. It looks good when you don't need it to look good usually! Thin hair unite!!

Aaaughhh I love the colors in this outfit. You always look absolutely dashing in plaid. The colors in that jacket are gorgeous! And I love the addition of the modern wedges, hee hee!

Elliementary, My Dear said...

This is such an awesome outfit :) Love the Western vibe of the jacket and denim shirt. Those pants are such a great color too. And I think your hair looks gorgeous. All my hair wants to do is curl so I have the opposite problem haha.

Kristian said...

What a fun coat.