Thursday, March 27, 2014

Outfit: Black Cape


Well happy Thursday to all of you precious things out there! I've been getting positively blown about the past few days by the little windy streak we've been having. Let's just say my little kiddos have been swept away like little leaves on the playground this week. As have I!
But on to other things-like this little ditty I wore to church this past Sunday! The sweater set came from my grandmother, but I'm honestly not sure if she wore it, or if it belonged to my great grandmother. Either way it's pretty special, and also (unfortunately) full of tiny little moth holes. I've tried to stitch most of them up, but aw this poor suit! The details on the sweater are my favorite though-the design down the front and the collar make something oatmeal into something a bit more interesting.
This cape I received from an aunt of mine who was so kind to think of me when she no longer wanted it! It is a gorgeous piece which almost (ALMOST) makes me a tad sad that winter is ending so I'll have to wait a few months to get much use out of it. A basic cape (other than my super extravagant fur cape) is something I don't have in my closet so I was all the more giddy to add one to my collection. Thank you Annie! :)
I felt so wonderfully 1930's in this get-up, an era I certainly wish I could emulate more often.



 Have a pleasant day!
God Bless,
KJA

Psalm 62:7
My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.


Wearing:
Everything is vintage, and was either thrifted or given to me by a family member :)

6 comments:

Cathy said...

I love all these pieces on you. That hat is amazing!

Keit said...

If I see your perfect hair one more time I'm going to have a heart attack! It's so pretty I always give a big sigh at the sight of it! *_*
And the new cape is amazeballs! Love the way you styled it!

Jennifer Rainey said...

This outfit is just stunning (and it looks so great with your hair!). How cool is that cape; such an amazing statement piece!

Also, I love that lipstick shade on you!

Cheers,
Jenny

Circ rhythm said...

I do love the sweater (the collar is dear) but my favorite thing here is your hat! So lovely and versatile! :)

Imogen said...

How outstanding is this look! Your shoes are so adorable. Your hair looks even more beautiful and incredible than ever I love it in this style.

Ali Hval said...

Daaaarrrliiiiing! ~~ !! ~~!!

Aren't capes just the most funsiest things ever?! Gosh darn, the first time I got one I just got hooked. <--wow, talk about a southern sentence. Yip yip.

But yes, that first photo of you is just stunning! Your hair looks so perfect over the dark cape like it is, and your gloves peeking out is the perfect touch.

It sure has been windy, hasn't it? Haha, I hope you didn't lose any kids in the process! ;)