Monday, March 31, 2014

Outfit: Spillway


Hello dolls! I have a set of photos taken a couple of weeks ago when I visited my hometown to spend some time with my mother and one of my sisters for the weekend. We went on a little Sunday drive after church as my mom thought this would be the perfect location for outfit photos! There is this park in my hometown where a lot of community events and such are held, which holds a spillway for the park's man made lake. I always thought it was magical when I was a kid and quite terrifying too, but it is quite a lovely sight if you catch it on the right day.
It was also extremely windy on this day, so it was quite a blustery photoshoot!
I made my sister stand out in the cold with me while I directed her...boy family is awesome amiright?












Wind is the destroyer of all skirts...sigh. This skirt has one of the loveliest flowing a-line shapes, but of course all you can see is that it is sucked to my legs as if I were caught in a parachute or something. What a coincidence! Just the look I was going for ;)






Thanks Jeni for taking my photos :D

Did you all have a splendid weekend? Mine swept my so quickly I'm not sure it even happened! Oh bother when that happens...

God Bless!
KJA

Proverbs 11:2
When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.


Wearing:
Coat, Sweater, Gloves-Grandmother's
Earrings, Bag, Jacket, Skirt, Shoes- Vintage, Thrifted
Sunglasses- Bought on a visit to Seattle
Lipstick- Revlon Cream Lipstick in Black Cherry

4 comments:

Kristian said...

I'm on our school's (week-long! What?) Spring break, so I'm enjoying it. Sounds like your was pretty fun too!

What I love about this outfit is that it is suit like in structure- but the different colored items breaks it up. Makes it feel very fresh and fun.

Jennifer Rainey said...

I totally know what you mean about the wind and skirts. Ugh. Just the worst!

But this outfit is so awesome! The combination of the coat and the sunglasses is just so cool and so striking. I love it!

Cheers,
Jenny

Ali Hval said...

"Wind is the destroyer of skirts" definitely sounds like an amazing quote I need to think about more often. BECAUSE IT'S SO TRUE! I hate when you're walking straight into wind and get it all up in yo crotch. Ain't no helpin' that (sighs deeply)

haha, but I believe you that your skirt is just beautiful. The color is absolutely stunning, and the texture of your coat is so NEAT! Have a wonderful week, Katie! I hope the temps get warmer for you. <3 <3

Elliementary, My Dear said...

I grew up in a ridiculously windy city so I can honestly say that wind is the worst haha. These photos still came out super cute though. Love how you styled your hair :)