Thursday, April 24, 2014

Inspiration: 1940's Yearbooks Part 2

Hello and happy Thursday! For my inspiration this week I have a few more yearbook photos for you! I really wish I could have gotten much better quality images, but I took them quickly from yearbooks in a museum so I didn't have the right lighting/camera/etc. I really want to borrow a few of my grandmother's yearbooks when I go and visit her next so I can scan in some images from she and her classmates when they attended college. They are some of my favorite! Until then, here are some photos from around 1943 I believe. I love the hairstyles and cute blouses!

 






God Bless!
KJA


1 Peter 1:18-19
For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

2 comments:

Taygan said...

Thanks for sharing these! I love vintage yearbooks. I almost bought a whole bunch of them when we were passing through Oklahoma but stupidly left them.. major regrets now as in Australia I've never seen any and I don't think they have ever been a particularly big thing here (or at least they're not these days.. must look into that!)

Witchcrafted Life said...

These are so wonderful! It took me 28 years (okay, at least 18-20 years, I can't claim to have started looking from birth ;)) to find my first vintage year book in person last year (at an antique store in the town of Vernon, which is 1.5 hours away from us). I snapped it up in a heartbeat and have since found two others, the most recent being the one I mentioned in yesterday's post. I'd really like to keep building this collection, as they (yearbooks) speak to me a great deal and often also make me think of my grandparents' youth.

♥ Jessica