Sunday, May 4, 2014

Devotional: Combating Lies 11

Good morning all! It's time again for a Sunday Devotional. My series right now is looking at different lies that we may believe about ourselves, and how to combat those lies using scripture. Here are number one, number two,  number three number fournumber fivenumber 6number 7, and number 8number 9 and number 10 if you are interested!

The eleventh lie is this: I am defeated.

The truth is: I am victorious. 

Key Scriptures:

Romans 8:37-
No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.

2 Corinthians 2:14-
But thank God! He has made us his captives and continues to lead us along in Christ’s triumphal procession. Now he uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume.

John 5:4-
For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith.


Something I love about scripture is how relatable it can be to whatever is going on in my life at that time. Even though the men and women who lived during that time were going through different circumstances, many of the feelings were the same. Take the verse from Romans here, where it says despite,  "all these things" I can take those words and apply it to whatever feelings of doubt, anxiety, or worry that I may be feeling about a situation. No matter WHAT is happening in life, OVERWHELMING victory is ours through Christ! "All these things" means anything! Christ loved us so much that there is nothing I can do to lose that love. No matter how many times I screw up He is a constant wave of grace and mercy.

Each of these verses is so beautiful. I love how in Corinthians it describes the knowledge of Christ as a sweet perfume to be spread throughout the world. Who wouldn't want to be part of the endeavor of sharing the sweet perfume of the knowledge of God? That sounds lovely!  

Let me know your thoughts on these verses! I thought they were really powerful and so amazingly relevant to what we're battling in our world today. 

Have a blessed Sunday!
KJA

No comments: