Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Outfit: Cozy Cardigan


Oh, hello! Are you all enjoying your week so far? I am in my second to last week of school for the year, so I'm trying to wrap my head around that and all of the things that need to be finished before next week. I cannot believe how quickly the year has slipped by-like a blink!

Sean took me for Chinese a few nights ago and I wore this comfy little get-up which is primarily made up of rummage sale finds. The jeans and cardigan were each 75cents and the blouse a dollar! Now that's an outfit I can smile about :)
I admit, the cardigan is not the most flattering garment in the world, but dang if it isn't the comfiest thing I've ever worn. I've been wearing it nonstop around the house as well and I love anything gray because it is such an easy neutral to work with.




I finally got some new oxfords! Like three or four years ago when I wanted my first pair, Sean thought I was crazy. He said I would never wear them and told me that if I ever wore them out he'd replace my cheap target oxfords with nice, leather ones. Well, I've finally worn through my target pair, (they're getting holes in them :( ) so I reminded Sean of his little promise (of course he had no recollection of this haha) and I searched online for my perfect pair! It was actually tough to find a mix of something I liked that wasn't terribly expensive. There are a lot of cute styles, but made of just the cheapest plastic material out there, and then there are nice quality items but way out of our budget.
I finally found these light-colored beauties at DSW and I LOVE them. I thought when I first tried them on that they were too small, but they promptly molded to my feet and are Naturalizer so they are super comfy. I read the reviews and ordered a half size down, which I think was a good idea as well. Hopefully these will last me longer than just a few years and be more of an investment piece! You can find them here and they also come in black, which is so pretty as well!







Happy Tuesday, Beauties!

God Bless,
KJA


James 5:13
Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises.



Wearing:
Blouse- Rummage Sale, Similar
Cardigan- Rummage Sale, Similar
Jeans- Rummage Sale, Similar
Oxfords- Naturalizer, DSW, Here
Bag- Thrifted, Similar
Scarf- Thrifted, Similar

4 comments:

Keit said...

Glad you found your perfect pair of oxfords. Shoes on the net are so pricey! I love the new ones, they're super cute! ^_^

Ali Hval said...

Yeeeeee haw! Yay for new shoes! I must say that those are perfect for you and also the perfect color. You have such cute sunnie glasses and a snazzybright lip color, too!

Good luck on chuggin' along through the last two weeks of school! You can surviiiiiiive! This year really did zoom on by, didn't it? I'm still trying to remind myself every day that it's summer!

Bookworm said...

We all got that comfy cardigan we wish we could wear all the time! It's a must-have :-)

The Oxfords are gorgeous - I loved the story with Sean saying you would never wear them - you should force him to pay for the new ones *LOL*

Marion | The Dutch Adventure Seeker said...

What a great vintage look! Looks good on you :)