Sunday, June 8, 2014

Devotional: Combating Lies 14

My series right now is looking at different lies that we may believe about ourselves, and how to combat those lies using scripture. Here are number one, number two,  number three number fournumber fivenumber 6number 7, and number 8number 9 , number 10 and number 11 and number 12  and number 13 if you are interested!


The fourteenth lie is this: I am miserable.

The truth is: I have God's comfort.


Key Scriptures:

2 Corinthians 1:3-5
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ.

John 16:7 
But in fact, it is best for you that I go away, because if I don’t, the Advocate won’t come. If I do go away, then I will send him to you.

Psalm 10:17
Lord, you know the hopes of the helpless. Surely you will hear their cries and comfort them.

Psalm 23:4
Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.

Psalm 94:19 
When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.


I think the verses speak for themselves this week :)
God is the source of comfort and love and as long as I keep these words close to my heart I know He is always there, even when I cannot see it immediately.

Happy Sunday friends, and back to regular posting schedule this week, promise! :)

No comments: