Sunday, June 1, 2014

Devotional: God's Provision

Hello again! This Sunday Devotional is a bit late, but I have good reason! I went to my hometown for the weekend originally go to a funeral, and ended up staying to see some friends and also stayed because we're experiencing rather torrential rainstorms across the state at the moment. I went to my church this morning and it turns out they need me to stay for the week to help out at Vacation Bible School! So I am going to stay a few days and help them out. 

This morning as my family and I were huddled downstairs during a thunderstorm, we got to talk about God's amazing provisions and how sometimes we need to wait until the very last minute to experience them. At some point or another throughout the week we had all witnessed God's provision in either our own lives, or the lives of someone close to us. My friend Rachelle found life-jackets that our camp desperately needed, my sister prayed for a friend's husband who had lost his job and as she was praying he was offered a job...and then this morning I just happened to show up right where I was needed in the church. We serve an amazing God! 

I'm not sure where you are in your life-maybe you're waiting anxiously for a provision of some kind-whether it is money, healing, a job, etc. Just be reassured that God may take you to the very end of your rope, but He will always tie on another piece and provide what you need if you are putting your trust wholeheartedly in Him. I've seen it happen so many times-it's exciting! These verses are so comforting in times of waiting for provision :)


Psalm 68:10
There your people finally settled, and with a bountiful harvest, O God, you provided for your needy people.
Jeremiah 31:35
It is the Lord who provides the sun to light the day and the moon and stars to light the night, and who stirs the sea into roaring waves. His name is the Lord of Heaven’s Armies

2 Corinthians 9:8
And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.
2 Corinthians 9:10
For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat. In the same way, he will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you.
God Bless!
KJA

No comments: