Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Outfit: Tropical



Hidey ho there neighbor! How is your week going? I've been computer-less as the husband rebuilt my laptop, but hopefully it is back in working order again :) So glad I have a tech-y man!

I am heavily inspired by photos like this, so when I found this tropical print top at the thrift store I knew I wanted to try my hand at styling it. Adding in the wedges and round sunglasses made this feel very 1940's. I also added this fabulous brown handbag I found stuffed in a random closet at my grandmother's. She always laughs at me and says things like, "why would you want my old stuff like that?" Because GRANDMA come on it's beautiful. I want it all.
I wore this for a day of school shopping with my sister and nephews! It was so much fun (although I definitely wore flats, and not these wedges...full disclosure).











God Bless,
KJA


1 Peter 2:4-5
As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him—  you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.


Wearing:
Blouse- St. Vincent DePaul Thrift Store
Skirt- Benson's Flea Market
Wedges- Y's Buys Thrift Store
Bag- Grandmother's
Sunglasses- Old

5 comments:

vdarling said...

I'm seriously amazed by your ability to put things together that I would have completely skipped at the shop. You always so look so cute!

Cathy said...

Love your handbag! Cute outfit :-)

Kristian said...

One of the things I always appreciate about your style is you often take things that could have a modern edge or things that are from one era and make them feel like they are from another era just by how you style them and your hair. You show off so well how versatile vintage pieces can be. This outfit is no exception!

Ali Hval said...

^^Oooh, ooh, I agree with Kristian! You're always able to transform time with your outfits and that is definitely one of my favorite aspects about them. That top is really neat and I love how it pairs with your fire engine red skirt. :)

I think that's hilarious that your grandma would ask why you want something like that, hahaha! Especially since it was in her house to begin with. ;) I'm glad to hear that your laptop will be up and running and happy soon! Hooray for a tech-y man indeed!

Have a wonderful weekend, oh beautiful Katie!!

Unknown said...

I love the color combination of your outfit! That top is to die for, such a pretty print. Those wedges are super cute but I'm sure flats were a lot more comfortable for a busy day. I love your style!

xo, Serli
www.lesoleilchic.blogspot.com