Monday, September 29, 2014

Outfit: Walking Yearbook


Hey there lovelies! I prematurely wore a fall weather outfit a couple of weeks ago consisting of a wool skirt and sweater. This time of year is such that it is cold in the morning and blisteringly hot in the afternoon, so getting dressed is always a guessing game. I simply couldn't wait to wear this blouse/sweater/shoe combination though with my latest style obsession in full force. I just want to look like I stepped out of a yearbook in the 1940's, is that so wrong?








I found this blouse at a thrift store about a month ago, and I have already worn it about twice a week since I got it. It is perfect and wonderfully layer-able. Not to mention it was only cost a dollar, so I am happy as a lark. It goes so well under sweaters and cardigans and gives off that perfect celluloid collar vibe of past decades that I so love. I found this pendant necklace randomly stuck in an envelope hidden in a suitcase at my grandmother's old house. Technically my friend Rachelle was the one with sleuthing prowess to find it for me. I want to know the story behind it you guys! Did it belong to my great-grandmother? Was it a gift, did it mean something special? Where did it come from? Oh if things of the past could talk!












Have a great Monday, all!
God Bless,
KJA

Luke 1:52
He has brought down rulers from their thrones
    but has lifted up the humble.



Wearing:
Blouse- Vintage, Thrifted. Similar
Sweater- Vintage, Thrifted. Similar Here and Here 
Coat- Vintage,Thrifted. Similar
Skirt- Vintage, Rummage Sale. Similar 
Socks- Vintage.
Shoes- Payless. Similar
Sunglasses- Old pair of mine. Similar 

5 comments:

Jennifer Rainey said...

This outfit is just perfect, and it makes me so eager for cooler weather to just hurry up and get here! (I'm wearing a wool skirt to work today; I just couldn't wait anymore!)

I love the color palette of this look with the cool blue and gray, and I can see why you fancy that blouse so much--such a pretty collar!

Cheers,
Jenny

Emileigh said...

You DO look like a yearbook picture, and it's totally fabulous!

Kristian said...

It does look like (in the best way) you stepped out of an old yearbook. So fun!

Savvy Spinster Vintage said...

I think that's a great way to go about dressing, especially for the fall! This outfit is wonderful! I love how the socks and sweater match so nicely! :-)
-Melissa

Cora Noelle said...

Oh I absolutely adore this look! It does look so much like the style of those year book pictures you blogged about a while ago! I love the combination, and aren't those shirts with fancy collars just the best?!

cocobirdy.blogspot.com